Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Interaction in a big group

8 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Agua,

Good for you for pushing yourself so much! It sounds like you are putting a lot of effort into achieving this. You are one couragous person to keep pushing yourself like you are. Being completely genuine and comfortable in new situations... that's quite a big goal. I am not sure I know anyone who can be completely genuine and comfortable in all new social situations...especially people who have anxiety. It takes time to get comfortable with other people.

Try to focus on each positive you achieve. Even if you feel comfortable for just one minute that is a huge success. Even if you feel uncomfortable the entire time but still push yourself to talk to others - that is also a huge success. Focus on the positives and working on accepting some discomfort. Have you ever looked into mindful acceptance? It is certainly tough to grasp at first but it might be something that helps you along your journey.

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I notice that I don´t have any problems at all when I interact with people with extrovert personalities. But I´m a little tired of this kind of personalities. Because they make friends very easy, I don´t feel they value my friendship as I value them. 
So I would like to be abble to interact with other kind of personalities, but other personalities aren´t so easy so approach for me. 
I still haven´t discovered the first steps of an interaction with a new person, I can say hello and ask questions to develop a conversation but it´s not real, it is something like mimic or theather that I developed to protect myself from embarrasing and trying to look like a normal person. The exercice on the beach, keeping my head up, helped a lot, because I could put out my real sensation and happiness and desire to comunicate with others.
Today I joinned to a big group running of people. I tryed to comunicate in a genuine way, not teather, but I couln´t do it. I looked around and see everybody comunication each other, and feeling apart, like I wasn´t there. Like I was there just observing, not participating with them and feeling ambarrased. I could do teather, like I trained in the past, but I wish to be abble to comunicate in a genuine way. Because that make´s me feel so happy.

Reading this thread: