Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Meds

21 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SCBB...and how are you doing these days. Haven't been able to answer some of your posts, even in the smoking one, cause I can't seem to find them when I want to search a post. Never get spacific names. Just general answers to the discussion at hand. Hope you're well and happy these days. I ain't so bad, myself, hanin in there, keeping real busy till I'm too tired some nights to post even. But it keeps my mind clear.Love the new Van and some of the places we went, but on getting back home and back on my quit, cried for 2 days while diging up weeds that invaded our garden while away. Keep well, and post where I can find you, eh? LUV, SUZY.
21 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breathless..Have you talked to your pharmacist to see if you can take any of hte meds in liquid droplet form and explain that its the coatings (probably food dyes) that you can't tolerate? He may be able to come up with something for you. Even the jel coatings might work for you. Its worth a shot, eh?***LUV, SUZY.
21 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys for all of your support! Today I'm feeling pretty good, and I owe it to the weather, my healthy diet I started and the long bike ride along the lake I just had with my daughter. I have tried alternative measures with meds and I also have just lost $600.00 to a quack about "allergies", I have been tested and tested and always get different answers. I even react with vitamins. I can take them for a couple of day spurts only, then I stop for a couple of weeks and then go back. I also was told to go on a serious fast/cleanse that would make me really ill as I "detoxed". I was told to plan it when my husband was around to HELP me.Needless to say,.........does NOT appeal to me what so ever! Today my outlook is positive :). I guess when I ran out of options I feel I have no other choice but to kick !@# and get on with my life the best way I can. I'm very optimistic and I can only pray that when I wake up tomorrow I'll feel the same way. Love ya's all, Janice
21 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Janice, How frustrating that must have been, to finally be willing to try meds and then have a reaction to them! I'm sorry that happened - but don't lose hope - you'll find the solution that works best for you, I'm sure of it. Just keep looking and working at overcoming this - an open mind is your best defense in my opinion. If you stay willing, you'll find something that works for you. How are you feeling today? -SCBB
21 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Janice, i'm totally with you! Well i acknowledge that some people are not comfortable with medication, it has definitely helped me. I was reluctant to medicate as well, but have not regretted my decision for one minute. I may be on medication for the rest of my life, but if thats what works for me, i'll do it! As for your specific situation, have you given up trying to find medication all together? Couldn't you identify the allergy and treat it? I went to a doctor a while back who identified all my allergies, and essentially reprogrammed my body to not react in an allergic manner. I have no allergies to speak of anymore. I think that this is called holistic therapy, the doctor basically works with your body's magnetic flow, and corrects it to eliminate allergies. If you would like more information, i can get it for you. This was just off the top of my head. What i've learned is that allergies are curable, and thought that maybe you could try that. I'm living proof that allergies go away! Anyways, just let me know! Beth
21 years ago 0 1062 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there, Janice and keep close by. We are final testing and getting ever closer to launch something to help you. We're just doing some final corrections in links and things, and making sure it's all ok to use. I'm confident it'll be worth the wait and that you'll find it excellent. :) -- Anne-Marie, Site Administrator
21 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I fought the idea for years about taking meds and finally broke down in the past couple of months. My fear of the side effects kept me from trying them. I reluctantly took celexa, but woke up the next day with a severely puffy face. went back to the doctor for the next one, Paxil, and the same thing happened. I tried a couple more as well and have discovered that it's not a side-effect, that I'm having an allegic reaction to a component of the pill, possibly the coating? My point here being, that I now have to be strong because I have no where else to turn. I say, if the pills work, then bloody well take them! Feel better! I feel sorry for all of you's that are putting up with all of the side-effects of the medications. I give you all a big pat on the back! Hang in there Luv Janice

Reading this thread: