Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

have to take a trip today

16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minnesota, This is a great goal to work towards. Set up some milestones and create some coping skills to help you through. We're here if you have any questions. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Minessota, Sounds like a great goal to acheive :) I know you can do it:) Thank you for sharing with us and letting us know how it is for you. Hang in there and keep us posted! -Diva
16 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi, thanks for your kind words. We get very severe weather here in the summer. We have sirens that go off in severe thunderstorms. Last year we got our first really bad one in ages. I was screaming, the wind was so bad, we ran downstairs, I hid my husband was playing with the cat..!!!! anyway, the next day trees were down, luckily we were fine and no damage on our house. The next week my husband had to take a business trip and I was to stay alone. The weather predicted the same thing. I went to stay in a hotel for a night, I was terrified. I didnt sleep well andI had work the next day. The next night the same thing forecast, I spent two nights at my neighours in the baby room. I would like to overcome my storm fear and if my husband goes away, i'd like to stay home in my own bed. Its exhausting running around and staying all over the place.. anyway, i wanted to share that and try and work on the storm thing this summer..!! :8o:
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Minessota, I just wanted to stop in and say congratulations on overcoming your fears :) Storms and stores, very nice :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minnesota, Kudos on a job well done! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
See Minnesota , i knew it !! The baking i mean . Guess its kind of a guilt thing , well it is with me lol . But it always makes me feel good as well . You lucky thing getting the bowl , i have a line of begging eyes for it lol . OOOO thunderstorms , brave you well done . I dont mind mild ones but biggys arghhh . But you dont know how brave you are when you have little kiddies with you . Hey strike that you do and just proved it with your neighbours baby . :)
I kept thinking of my thought challenges, and remembering what I had been learning in the last few weeks, that really helped..
oh its a bit stormy tonight, but i didnt run down stairs and freak out, i'm a bit nervous, but i'm going to bed soon, hopefully i'm going to sleep thru most of it, but I want to show myself, and my husband, its just a thunderstorm, and it will pass soon...going off the topic a bit, my neighbour asked me for coffee so I went again to the coffee shop, anyway, afterwards she says lets go to the grocery store, She had me walking around in circles, normally I walk in, get the shopping and leave quckly, but she had me pushing the baby in the cart, she dashed ahead, and I felt light headed all of a sudden, and shaky, But i just said to myself, NO you can do this, I will not run out and I have the baby, I cant just say sorry..!!I just started reading all the labels, and pulling silly faces to the baby, and it passed, so that was my good job for the day:)
i baked my husbands favourite cookies and some bread while he was away, he enjoyed them, so kept busy, Thats one of my other fav things to do for relaxing :) baking, and licking the bowl..hehe
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tut young lady , you shouldnt feel a fool . I bet you did things to make up for it . Thats what i usually try and do then dont feel so guilty lol . :) You know bake nice cakes etc for family .

Reading this thread: