Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

trying to overcome with no medication

19 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alice, Welcome to the site. In your message you report feeling nervous about seeing your doctor. Please do not let this deter you from seeking medical assistance. Talk to your doctor. Let him/her know how you are feeling and what you are afraid of. I am not sure I entirely understand your statement about the cure being worse than the disease. Are your referring to side-effects of medications as not everyone experiences these in the same way. Regarding our site - please feel free to roam at your own pace. If you look to the left of the screen under "TOOLS" you will find many supportive tests. These tests are not diagnostic tools and are not a replacement or substitute for a physicians advice. The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When youre finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. We also have developed a Panic Program. This program is 12-weeks and involves the tools mentioned above. Each session is based on the previous session, so we strongly advise that you work slowly through the program and not jump ahead. If you have any questions or concerns with our "TOOLS" you can contact our support department at support@paniccenter.net. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Casey _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
19 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I'm New I took meds for ADHD and depression when I was 16 Then I started having panic attacks in school so I stopped taking them. I thought I could control all of this but I am starting to think I am wrong. I am 23 now and it only seems to be getting worse I faint now and it is very embarrassing. I am very nervous about even talking to a doctor about this thou I can't live like this anymore. Most people tell me the cure is worse than the disease and I fear that it is true. Any advice?
19 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, everybody, I am taking tibetan herbs and some homeopathic remedies. I've been for a month on tibetan herbs i am not sure if i feel any different yet. I am sure that they will do their job, but it is a very slow and gentle process. I think i was prescribed herbs more for metabolism since my main problem is extreme weakness and fatigue which comes and goes through the day in waves. I also have muscle and joint pains. Does anybody have those? I will keep you posted about herbs and homeopathic remedies. I beleive in natural way of healing so hopefully i will feel better physically some day. :)
19 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Karuna, I was just prescribed Lexapro and it actually had the opposite effect that it was supposed to have on me. It made me feel all tingly and my heart started racing. I ended up going to the Emergency room as it threw me into the most severe panic attack I've ever experienced! Needless to say, I am no longer taking it! I hope you have better luck with yours!
19 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well today I took a xanax. I had a REALLY bad attack after a very uncomfortable situation at work. However I took half a pill instead of a whole one. I did tonight find a book that I think is great so far called Anxiety and Panic Attacks, Thier causes and cure by Robert Handly. I also bought "From Panic to Power" by Lucinda Bassett on the reccomendation of a friend. The title sounds a little pompous but he says its a great book. Overall I AM feeling more relaxed without the dizziness from taking the xanax all day long.
19 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glofish~ I do not take meds although both of my dcts. have prescribed Paxil. I refuse to take it. I have never taken meds in my life for anxiety. I have arthritis so I take a pill daily for that, but that's just for inflammation. So I know just how you feel. I am actually doing very well. I started an exercise regime that is really making a difference. I HATE to work out, but just doing 30 minutes on the treadmill and some light strechting about 4-5 times a week and I feel soo much calmer. Talking to all of you and reading the posts helps of course, and reading every book I can get my hands on has been helping too. WIth therapy I am learning about how my behavior is making my anxiety worse and I do self talk as well. Keep up the good work, I truly beleive we can all overcome this without meds, I certainly don't knock them though as I do think they can help many people a great deal. But they are just not for me. Plus I am WAY too scared to try them. I fear reactions, side effects, you name it. =) Take care and let us all know how it's working for you=) Kris
Yes I should have stated that I researched carefully first and decided on my own to do it. Be mindfull that cold turkey is NOT the approved way to stop Xanax (or any other Benzo) ESPECIALLY if you have been on it long term. However I was taking a small daily dose and had been on it for a very short time. I agree with you all about GETTING YOUR DOCTORS OPINION AND FOLLOWING HIS DIRECTIONS regarding your medications. I did not mean to reccomend to anyone that they should stop thier meds. By the way so far so good. The numbness and tingling in my legs seems to be gone today. I am a little "edgy" but otherwise feel ok. The true test will come shortly when I leave the house!
19 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Peterug, I too want to echo Mike's advice about seeking medical assistance when stopping Xanax. Please contact your doctor to let him/her know about your decision and how you have been feeling. Please keep us posted, hope to hear from you soon. Casey _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
19 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Be very careful stopping Xanax. In fact, seek a physicians care to do this. I tried "cold turkey" several weeks ago and was fine for 2 days or so and then....well, lets just say it wasnt pretty. I am now on Klonopin as my "transition" drug. Please talk to your doctor about a planned withdrawal program...seriously. Mike
I just decided yeserday to stop the drugs. I was taking xanax three times a day and i couldnt take the dizziness anymore. Today was a *****! I made it thru and actually today was the first day this week I didnt have a full blown attack! I think the dizziness from the xanax was causing some of the attacks!

Reading this thread: