Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,507 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Keeping Busy on the Weekend

13 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tallone,

It is sooooo great to hear your progress! You are doing so well! Thank you for being open and sharing this with us, it really keeps me motivated. Please continue to check in like this!

A big fan, Ray
13 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,

Letting go, Letting God. Not beating myself up, and REALLY LISTENING to other folks in recovery. Amazing tools they give me so freely every day.
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tallone,

Congratulations on 15 days.  We are all so proud of you.  I can really hear a change in your positivity lately.

What do you think is changing within yourself?

Ashley, Health Educator
Thanks for the support friends! Day 15 today and plan on making my 4th F2F meeting at 1 PM. Discovered an old drinking buddy of mine in the live rooms, celebrating his 1 year sober today. Can't miss that. Aside from my other online meetings (very well moderated and structured), I'm almost in self-imposed rehab. Living the program all day. Seeing miracles constantly but wary of that old  pink cloud. Feels so great to be alive. Just think. One month ago I really wanted to die and was headed there on a rocket. Crazy stuff, right? One Day At A Time, friends..........

Blessings to you all,

Tallone
13 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I realized that alcoholism doesn't discriminate. Equal opportunity destroyer (LOL). But when i look closely, we all drink to have a great feeling. But some are allergic to alcohol and couldn't go continue with it.
13 years ago 0 557 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very good Tallone. This meeting sounds interesting, different from the AA meetings I wernt to a few time, where somebody I could not relate with was sharing his experience.

Keep us informed
13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great success Tallone!

Keep up the great work and please continue to share with us!

Josie, Health Educator
Hi Hors, Friends:

Day 13 for me. Made my first F2F meeting last night (since 19er....88??). Looks like AA hasn't changed, but I sure have! LOL!

Beginner's meeting with about 15 of us in the "circle" and about 15 more at the tables. Nice crowd. Went in with an open mind and was greeted by our chairperson. Said to him what I needed there:

1. To not have that first drink today.
2. To get to a meeting.
3. To get a Big Book.
4. To get a Sponsor.
5. To learn the Steps and Work them.
6. To Keep Coming Back.

There were no Boogeymen there. Just people like me. When it was my turn, I shared. The topic was "Staying Green", so we all recalled our last "drunk". Everyone in the circle spoke. EVERYONE!!! Even ME! (I used to not speak at meetings... Fear!). I was welcomed and felt really good.

I took phone numbers.

The sponsor assigner took my name and called me back later last night with the name and number of a fellow willing to help me. I called him, and I'll call him today.

I got a Big Book.

I got an updated meeting list!

I read page 47 as advised by a friend at my other AA website, about We Agnostics. Very very helpful.

So that's it for now, my friends. I'm letting go and letting God.

Very very liberating!

Love, Tallone.

13 years ago 0 557 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very good Tallone. You sound more and more positive everyday!!
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tallone,

Congrats on 12 days sober! Have you been using the online program at all? How has the program helped you?

Samantha, Health Educator

Reading this thread: