Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

New to forum, Tomorrow is day 1!

6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Happy belated Birthday! Congrats on setting a quit date.  It is amazing that you stayed quit for 12 years previously. All that learning you gained in that experience can be used as an asset. You mentioned being pregnant helped you to stay motivated. What else helped you to stay quit? Many people who have children are unable to quit but you were able to. What did you learn from that experience that can help you now?

How did the first few days go?

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey good luck!

My start is today too.

Similar story! I smoked young, quit for a looooong time and have come back to it and see my use increasing....

So, now its over.... I slipped past the occasional to some dependence.

Count on me for support! 
  • Quit Meter

$7,317.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 452 Hours: 16

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jsccorner, I am almost 50 and have attempted many times to quit, this has to be the one. I also am having medical issues that are complicated by smoking, early onset of oesteoprosis. I am quitting on my daughter's 24th birthday and am nervous and scared of failure, being weak and going back. I'll be watching your progress, maybe we can help each other. Collina
6 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YOU CAN DO IT.
6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hello all,

This is my first time here.  I just had my 50th birthday on the 23rd, and am determined to kick this damn smoking habit once and for all.  I started smoking at age 16, and quit, for the first time on my 25th birthday.  I quit using "life signs" , which I bought from an infomercial of all things.  At that time, I had an extremely motivated reason to quit, as I was pregnant  with my first child.  I was able to stay quit for 12 years.

I was surprised how easily the addiction took hold when I made the terrible decision to take a few puffs off of a friend's cigarette at a time that I was experiencing a very stressful time in my life.  Since then, I have tried everything to quit, Chantex (Horrible dreams, could not sleep), patches (caused skin irritation), Gum (YUK), and cold turkey.  I have been able to quit for up to a month, several times.

My significant other has never smoked, and does not understand the hold of this addiction.  Therefore,  have not really had support from anyone that really understands.  He gets upset when I become irritable, so I have used that as an excuse to delay another quit attempt.

I have high blood pressure now, for the first time in my life, and had to start on meds.  I HATE taking medication, and am determined to kick this habit!  Hopefully, that will enable me to get off of medication sooner than later.

I realize that I can use all of the help I can get, so thank you all for being here!  Any tips & tricks you can share would be much welcomed.  Also, if anyone has had any success with supplements, I would love to hear about them. 

My plan is to make tomorrow my quit day, cold turkey.  Want to flush the nicotine from my system as quickly as possible!

Thanks, in advance, for your support!

Jodi

• Quit Meter

$12,205.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 336 Hours: 1

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter