Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

help? I need support!

6 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi! I've just quit also! I've smoked over 47yrs & can relate! It is very scary & it definitely feels like it would be a losing battle. To continue to smoke is the wrong choice! For yourself, quit! Keep quitting until you get it right & stay quit! Smoking is a horrible habit that is killing us. I know,none of that has kept me from smoking all these years & I ignore anything that talks of the hazards of smoking. It had been my best friend for a very long time! I never intended smoking to become such an important part of my life! It's time to let it go & find another way to get through stressful situations. Find other friends & healthier habits! I wish you success! Best of luck! Let me know if I can help in any way! Yes, it's very hard & I'd love to smoke right now but I won't! And I have & pray I stay away from cigs forever!
  • Quit Meter

$9,644.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 354 Hours: 8

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stawberry,

I saw your post in the "Introduce yourself" forum and replied to it there. Please note that this website is not optimized to work on a mobile phone - this may be causing the problem?

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi strawberry.

I know what you are going through. I too kept postponing my quit. When I was pregnant, I actually used to hug myself thinking of all those cigarettes I am going to smoke after the baby was born. So that kept me going. But the thought of giving it up all together had never occurred till a few years ago. It took me sometime to gather the guts. I did a lot of reading of the mechanism of nicotine addiction. I was prepared for it. THE WORST TIME PERIOD IS THE FIRST 72 HOURS. So all you have to do is to get through those hours with the thought in your mind that OKAY I CAN DO IT- after that you should not even attempt to try. The yearning may have gone, but there could be a temptation. Once you give in to that, you have to start all over again. Believe me if you are strong for those first 72 hours the physical craving goes, and then make yourself stronger for the psychological craving to go. Don't overthink strawberry. Just start the quit. I will be with you all the time. Today is my DAY12! :)

Geena
  • Quit Meter

$113,537.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5962 Hours: 7

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi There,

I wrote  this same message in the Introduce Yourself section.   There are no new posts.  Why?

I want to quit smoking due to the increase of cost and I do feel better when I smoke less.   HOWEVER, I feel depressed and my cigarettes have become a crutch to my depression.  I am smoking more!   I need to quit or cut back.   I can't seem to do either.

I've smoke for 40 yrs now.   I am 61yrs old!   God just that is a horrible thought.  I am living on my own.  No boyfriend, no social life, no one to help me through this all.

The only time I quit was when I was pregnant.   Maybe I didn't actually quit.  I just postponed my smoking until the baby was born.

Can't afford those Stop Smoking Groups they have with meds.

I read some of the posts in this section.  IF I could just get through a couple of weeks like you all did, I would be in great shape!   You all seem so strong!

I really need help with this!  I really need support!
  • Quit Meter

$363,320.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 18

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: