Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,509 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

I?m Ready

10 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome ziggybear!  You have made the biggest step; decided to quit and set a date to do it.  Plan well, that seems to be a  major key to being successful.  We will be here encouraging you along, but be you own biggest Cheerleader!!!

Yours in Quitting,

Carol

10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right!  Because this time you have the added support from SHO 
You can find the tools and tips you need to help be smoke-free.  Read through the forums, work on the Quit Program and post often with us!  Good luck!
Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi ziggy!  i'm backing up breather and roses and will also be here for you when you are ready to quit!  you already made the decision... and you will be successful!  great info on this site and even better people to help you through it!  
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and Welcome Ziggybear..Good for you for setting a date!
You can and will do this just like you said and we will all be here rooting for too!

Red..

10 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello ziggybear and welcome  The title of your post says it all. When a person is ready to stop they know it. When a person wants to stop more than they want to smoke success as a non-smoker becomes possible. I'm here to say " you're right , yes you can". I wanted to stop smoking more than I wanted anything. By not smoking on a daily basis those days turn into , weeks , months and years smoke free. Others will be along to welcome you and have information to help you quit. If you haven't already read it there's a book called The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Alan Carr. I found that a great help. Not to mention that you don't stop until you've finished the book  Follow MY PROGRAM from the drop down box at the top of the page. It's a personalised program to help you quit. It doesn't matter how many times we try to stop it is now that matters. Excellent for you for setting a quit date. breather
10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i have my quit date set. Now I am sitting here going....o crap. lol I've tried a million times before, but this time will be different, I don't cry at the thought of having an empty pack in my purse. I can do this. I will do this...Right?

Reading this thread: