Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Day 5!

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Scarlet!

Again, welcome!  I posted on your other thread, but I wanted to add just a couple more things!  Yes, I can sometimes be a babbler, like a brook, but hopefully it helps someone some of the time!  It really sounds like you are smack-dab in the middle of Hell Week and I want to assure you that it WILL get better!

First of all, stick close and spend as much time as you can afford to reading and learning from your new fellow quit buddies here on the Forums.  There is a wealth of information here on hundreds of different subjects pertaining to quitting.  So if you have a question, just ask, or try using the "search" button on the right side of the Forum home page.  Second, take the time to go through the milestones in the Program and utilize the Tools that are available!  They both will help you on with your continued preparation for what lies ahead!  Get your partner going on them too, so you'll both be on the same page!   

I also have bumped forward a thread in the forum for new users called "Free and Low Cost Rewards".  As Ashley said, setting up a reward plan will REALLY help keep you focused and your brain will be much happier!  

Congrats on those 5 days!  Keep your eyes on the prize... FREEDOM!!!  It's soooo worth it!

Jim

• Quit Meter

$44,272.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 15

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Scarlet,

Congratulations on day 5! You are almost through Hell Week the most difficult week in your quit. Withdrawals are at their worst now but soon you will start to feel better.  It sounds like you have a lot of reasons motivating you to stay quit - good! Have a rewards plan in place is also a good idea. Looks like a big reward should be coming soon. How will you celebrate getting through Hell Week?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats, way to go 

day 5, I am on day 2 1/2 and feeling lousy but hanging on. If you need any help just yell and 100's will give you a hand. Believe me it DOES get better with time, just drink plenty of fluids.

Once you have reached the 7th day mark, it is a breeze... 

N.O.P.E

11 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was a smoker for 30 years - a pack a day.  My kids have asthma, my house stinks and breathing problems interrupt my sleep.  These are some of the reasons I quit.  The biggest though is my health.  Cancer is prominent in my family; my mother and several aunts/uncles have died from lung cancer.  I'd rather not be included in that statistic!

It's only day 5 and to be honest, I feel miserable today!  But i read this morning that the dizziness and faint feeling is caused by carbon monoxide leaving the body.  CARBON MONIXIDE!  That is absolutely horrifying and the thought of that deadly poison leaving my body increases my resolve.

My partner and I have both quit and expect to save $600 CDN a month.  I have not set my rewards yet, because $7200 a year in savings is going to require a bit of thought! lol.

Reading this thread: