Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

In the News: New Anti-Smoking Campaign

12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yup!  I've seen them and hope that smokers line up to join the SSC!  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,302.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 7

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scary and I give that women a lot of credit. That was a very brave and unselfish thing to do. How many perfectly healthy people would let you see them get ready for the day no less that poor woman.
12 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A friend of mine on Twitter shared a link with me to watch these series of videos- they make very distressing viewing. I showed them to my husband who is also an ex smoker and we both just sat stunned at the awful enormity of the consequences of smoking. However, that aside, I wish they were shown on UK television at prime time viewing hours, I also wish they were shown in schools. They certainly would have had an impact on me and my husband. I urge everyone who is contemplating quitting to watch them and I am sure the decision will be made for them.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Tobacco packaging warning messages were implemented to enhance awareness of the health hazards of cigarette smoking, with some success in helping people quit their addiction.   Recently, the Centers for Disease Control has taken these warning messages one step further by creating videos showing the harmful effects of smoking with the intention of giving smokers a “wake-up-call”.

How have these warning messages affected your smoking habits?  Have your or anyone you know quit smoking as a result of such messages?  Do you think they are effective?  Worth  it?

To read more and preview the videos, go t The Huffington Post:  Anti-Smoking Ads 2012:  CDC Offers GRAPHIC Reasons to Quit Smoking (Videos).  Retrieved from:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/cdc-anti-smoking-ads-2012_n_1364946.html  Retrieved on March 24, 2012

Reading this thread: