Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Weekend Prep.

16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I had my last cigarette I did not write a letter but instead said one thing "Good-bye old friend". For me that was the truth, as toxic as this friend was, it was a friend who was always there for me, thru thick and thin, good and bad, happy and sad. Now, I am happy to say, I no longer need friends like that today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,602 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $624.78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yup!!! Did the same thing on the same day and never looked back!!! My letter was a bit rougher on the nasty cancer sticks, though! My goodbye to the left overs was a bit more violent, too!! Oh well, lost and gone for ever!!! :) Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 13

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]Sylvie, as a matter of fact I did just THAT on the 1st day of my smoke free life ! This might sound kind of weird, I wrote a note which went something like this - "To all of 'you' left over, (the cig's left over in a pack) I'm saying goodbye FOREVER ! You are now no longer part of my life ! My life will NOT be cut short by you it will now be prolonged as a result of me getting rid of you !" I stuffed the note inside the left over pack and threw it down the garbage chute. Strange huh ? LOL ! But it felt so freakin' good :) And here I am 30 days later with no regrets and feeling like I can do anything ! It really gave me a sense of closure. Peace [/color] :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, The finality of a letter can help you achieve closure. Start the letter and get the closure you need. Do you need to close a chapter in your life? Do you need to say goodbye to someone or something? You don�t need to send the letter, only have it written to receive the closure you are looking for. Have you said goobye to your smoking life yet? Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: