Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,563 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Topic: CBT Day ? Positive Thinking

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Gen, Deb and Jim! You are all doing so great! Keep persevering! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Debbie, If you don't go looking for the pity pot, you won't find it! With the attitude that you are demonstrating, just like Jim, you will get this done this time! With my best wishes, Penitent
  • Quit Meter

$56,903.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1127 Hours: 2

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Gen on your upcoming 1 year anniversary. You should be SOOOOOOOOO proud. And Jim--congrats on getting through hell week. I do say that positive thinking is a definite influence on being successful on the war against the nicodemon. I found that this site has been really helpful in showing me to remain positive as well as enlightening mein my quit. When the craves come, I have been turning around the self pity (oh this is so hard, poor me--which I think sabotaged me with past attempts) with thoughts like--sorry --not an option--I don't smoke. I think this has made this quit a bit easier and bearable. For whatever reason -- it is easier this time--I have to say I do believe it's reading the REAL stories and triumps and bumps along the way of real folks who are at war with the nicodemon as well. Thank you to all of you who are sharing this journey & sharing your thoughts, triumps and disappointments. Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $74.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Gen!!! Another couple of weeks and you'll be a whole year!!! You saving up to go to Hawaii, too, like Lainey? I'm so jealous of Lainey!!! I just have to stay positive every day to attain my goal of being where Lainey is right now!!! Hey Tobyfan!!! I see you're still going strong!! Sure is a beautiful day outside and a great day to be a non-smoker! Get out and enjoy it if you can!!! Hi Patrick!! You know, this last week hasn't really seemed like Hell week for me compared to my other quits. I'm sure the Chantix has a whole lot to do with it and I'm thankful for that!!! I am even more thankful that i found this site and all of my new SSC friends. Everyone has been so positive and supportive and I, too, feel that I now have a new addiction!!!! :8o: I'm hooked and also want to help everyone I can get the demon out of their lives!!! Hopefully I won't have to try to find another site to help me with my newfound SSC addiction!!! ;) Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$44,347.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1061 Hours: 10

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started out like Jim with a fear of stopping smoking because - what would I do?! I too found that through reading and posting on here I became so much more positive about the whole experience. It's the only way to go. Just say. 'I don't smoke'. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 350 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,750.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done, Jim. Getting Hell week out of the way is a great success for you. This next week is not so bad but I can see that you're doing great and that your determination shines through in your very supportive posts throughout the forums... yer, a true blue SSSC-er!!! Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $607.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Jim..Penitent is very wise. Beautiful day in Okla huh? AND IT is a great day to be a non smoker!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$1,793.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 784 Hours: 4

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penitent, Thank you so much for your "positive" reinforcement and acknowledgement of my 1 whole week! Your words bring joy to my heart and even more determination to my quit! It really is a GREAT day to be a NON-SMOKER!!! Now, everyone, repeat the above sentence at least 5 times today!! Thanks again, Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$44,347.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1061 Hours: 10

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I cant wait to NOT smoke today. Period. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$1,793.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 784 Hours: 4

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim, Long have I promoted the undoubted benefits of being positive when quitting smoking. Often I have been dismayed by those who choose to concentrate their efforts otherwise. So, when a pearl of a post such as yours comes along, I am cheered. Congratulations on one week quit today. With your approach, you will get this done and you will get it done early. I wish you well, Penitent
  • Quit Meter

$56,903.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1127 Hours: 2

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: