Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,511 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

It Fell From the Sky !!!!!

13 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
breather:

You just keep on writing.  I have never seen any negativity in your posts.  In fact I always considered your contributions to be positive and helpful.  Keep on writing...Your may help a great many people to see the addiction in a different light.  And sometimes that can be all they need to "get er done"...

stay well

nonic
  • Quit Meter

$66,538.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1302 Hours: 22

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And another thing folks. I hear so much on when the cravings will end and because it was a certain way for one individual it isn't that way for everyone. Yes it does get better over time but for some of us it takes longer than others. For some it's an arduous process that can take months or even years. It takes some intestinal fortitute or call it alacraty whatever you like. If it gets a little better than it was it's hope to get through. I just don't like to see how wonderful things are because I don't smoke now because maybe it isn't the truth and maybe life isn't like that. Again the way I see it. breather
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Its true, we can think about the situation or the circumstance and make ourselves believe it played a greater part than it did. But , there's a lot of power and strength inside each person. If you do relapse, examine the situation. What were the triggers and what can you do better the next time?

Helena, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breather,

I actually appreciate your unconventional and controversial posts!  They always make me step back and think.  Keep it up

p.s. I have never used the excuse that it fell from the sky but I have used some pretty embarassing excuses as to why I started or kept smoking I think I was trying to push the responsiblity on to something or someone else.  But, once I accepted responsiblity the quitting process became a bit more bearable.  And, since this quit is all on me, all of the successes and rewards are also on me

Cheers

~Alice
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nothing wrong with that! Keep it up!
Tiana, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

$79,469.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 2

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Frustrated ? Not that I know of. Obviously my posts aren't conventional nor are my opinions and are meant to be controversial. Just telling it how I see it. breather
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Breather,

Sounds like you were frustrated- glad you got it out of your system! Certainly being accountable for one's actions is important. Setting priorities and determining what one values is also key, and sometimes those can get lost momentarily if we let them. And I suppose sometimes it's just easier to accept defeat than keep fighting. Lots of reasons, lots of excuses...

Tiana, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

$79,469.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 2

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I think in my addictive career I've heard just about every excuse known to human kind as to why we relapse. It fell from the sky and landed in my hand lit. They held me down and made me smoke it. Before I knew it I took one and smoked it. Forgot I didn't smoke anymore. Not quite sure what happened ? Minimize , blame it on something else , or stick our heads in the sand and pretend like it didn't happen unless and until we accept responsibility for our own selves recovery will be shakey at best. Although I have a particular empathy for those who suffer from their own hand I have a keen ability to see through the bs. I might have been born at night only it wasn't last night. OK then , now I feel better.  breather

Reading this thread: