Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,507 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

HELP;;;;;;

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Christmas...

One of my crave halters was to go walk the stairs... 4 flights of them!!!  I would walk them fairly slowly and while climbing I would breath deeply... rhythmically with my steps!!!  Sometimes I would recite the NOPE mantra... NOT  ONE  PUFF  EVER... over and over... breathing deeply and climbing!  I guess it would also work just walking!!!  It got my mind off the cigs and the craves went POOF!!!

If you are having craves, something is probably triggering them.  Try to figure out what the trigger is and AVOID it like the plague!!!  Make sense???  Keep on taking it one crave at a time and tell that nico-demon that you are NOT going to lose one battle to him!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 506
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,650
Amount Saved: $2,087.25
Life Gained:
Days: 85 Hrs: 19 Mins: 38 Seconds: 23

• Quit Meter

$44,242.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 20

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi christmass, yes you can add me to your buddy list but I don't come
on here much these days like i used to so.

You will find lots of support & non-smoking buddies here + the knowledge in this place is intoxicating... extremely helpful stuff.

now go & pamper yourself !

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/1/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 1665
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 58,275
Amount Saved: $15,151.50
Life Gained:
Days: 234 Hrs: 17 Mins: 43 Seconds: 35

• Quit Meter

$12,484.26

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 624 Hours: 14

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Christmas...You have almost made it past day two....I am glad you are doing good now..I am usually around but was kinda catching up on my resting...I would say at least call your doctor about the pains in your chest,but you seem so convinced maybe you have talked about it already to your doctor...But anyway they say the first two weeks are the hardest but sometimes it can last longer..But you are stronger than anything you are feeling right now and you can and will do this..I have yet to embark on this journey but did have a test run and made it 2 and half days...I chewed a straw and even now while I am preparing and cutting back all I can before the 30th I have been using a straw and the ice water helps...I am not as experienced as everyone else here but I can offer what little I know and I know coming here talking or just venting helps alot...I am doing my quit for my kids,my self and most of all for GOD...Noticed you rely on GOD alot to so don't forget to call on him as much as you need too..I am dealing with alot of changes in my life right now but I know if I can manage everything that you can and you will do this..Stay strong and keep saying NOPE..We are all here for you and rooting for your success..

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2009
Smoke-Free Days: -5
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -100
Amount Saved: $-20.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -28767

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Christmas.
Hang on and keep the ice water on hand. Take a hot shower and try to relax with music. nd Kiwi is so right. This quit is all about you. You should protect it. It is the best gift you can ever give to yourself!
It does gets better.
Big Hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 182
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,730
Amount Saved: $273.00
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 18 Mins: 1 Seconds: 29

14 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
KIWI ;;;;;THANKS 4 STOPING BY N GIVING ME THAT BIT OF ADVICE;;;;;UR GREAT;;;;; N I C U HAVE BEEN DOING A GREAT JOB URSELF;;;;;; GOD BLESS,,, N ;;;;MY PRAYERS WILL B WITH U AS WELL;;;;;;;;PEACE;;;;; IS IT O.K. 2 ADD U 2 MY BUDDY LIST????YEA,,, U SAY IM A SPRING CHICK;;; I REALLY DONT FEEL THAT WAY;;;ALL THAT NICK IVE PUT INTO MY BODY;;;;;O.K. TELL THE MISSES I SAID HELLO N HAVE A GOOD EVENING;;;;
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 19
Amount Saved: $4.04
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 3 Mins: 30 Seconds: 16

14 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello there christmass, Gosh you're only 37.... your a spring chicken !!! Do it for yourself as well, i guess i don't really need to say much else except good for you.

fyi, when i smoked i felt like i was dying from the inside out both physically & emotionally. I now feel like a teenager again, quitting will literally change you life - it just happens as part of the quit process.

Please look after yourself - you know the stuff... watch what you eat, a little bit of exercise now & then (walk the dog) is good & your body will love you for it. My greatest advice to you is learn as much about your addiction to nicotine as possible, knowledge is the key here.

Pamper & spoil yourself heaps... YOU deserve it.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/1/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 1665
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 58,275
Amount Saved: $15,151.50
Life Gained:
Days: 234 Hrs: 17 Mins: 37 Seconds: 52

• Quit Meter

$12,484.26

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 624 Hours: 14

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

YEA;; THEY R NOT ALL THE TIME;; JUST ACCASIONALLY N I NO ITS FROM SMOKING ;; THATS Y I NEED 2 STOP!!!! ;U CEEM LIKE KOOL PEOPLE;;; HOWS UR ADVENTURE GOIN??? HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN 4 U NOW???
My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 3 Mins: 7 Seconds: 11

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Christmas!

You are right, do it for your kids!  Have you read through the program yet?  You will find that there is tons of information there that will help you.

I am concerned when you say you are having pains in your heart.  I would recommend seeing a doctor.  It is best to get symptoms like that checked out.  He/she may also be able to offer you advice on quitting.

Stay strong,

Ashley
ide like 2 properly introduce myself;;;; i go by the name christmas n im a 37 yr. old mother of 5 children . my oldest is 21 n the baby is 11. ive been gettin slight pains in my heart n i no y ;;; its from these dam cigs!!!! i have 2 quit;;n quit now!!! today i am on day 2.. n im feening like a deamond;;;lol;;; no really i am.!!!!!!but i must keep my focus on the prize,,, my kids . being here 4 my kids;; they r a bit older n r not babies ;;; but they still need me like i need them!! so if any 1 has any advice,,, PLEASE let me know it all !!!!!
My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 3 Mins: 4 Seconds: 36

Reading this thread: