Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Angry Junkie!

18 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
penguin-kids really push our buttons and even when you warn them they are breaking you down they cant understand the importance of backing off. I am very proud of you for stopping and thinking it all through. You did what a lot of folks might not have been able to in the same situation. Stay the non-smoking mom penguin, the kids are worth it. Another junkie mom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 67 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! I APPLAUD YOU MO [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to see you talked yourself into doing the right thing. I don't have children but could only imagine the buttons they'd push if I did. That just tells the rest of us we can make it through trying moments too. Once again glad to hear things are still well for you. Breakers will go all the way!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,243 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $201.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hell Pen As a grandmother of 3 and a mother of 5, 4 of whom were boys, let me assure you that you haven't even BEGUN with the multitude of frustrations that are destined to come!!!!! OMG.......... Life will be full of changes and being mothers, wifes, lovers...or whatever will surely take its toll. I found coping with everyday issues, whatever they may be is as individual as each situation. Tell yourself that you will deal with these minor (lol...if only) setbacks WITHOUT puffing on a cigarette. Keep in mind that "Junkie Thinking" is just that. Its that little voice that always creeps up during every crisis. The difference now is that we recoginize this demon and crush it before it overcomes us. Remember how your fingers and hair and mouth will stink after smoking and all the guilt associated with lighting up. Oh and don't forget....the reson you lit up....damn his glasses are still broken..... IT AIN'T WORTH IT.!!!!!!! Hang in there...soon we deal with crises without giving cigs any thoughts at all. We can do this.
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here is a blue ribbon for you Penquin. That is what winning this war is all about. One battle at a time. Congratulations on succeeding in a difficult period. Just for the record, boys and glasses don't mix :p Always make sure you get the good warranty. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 205 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $717.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi neighbour. You are awesome. Many of us are reading this and thinking or how we've exactly been in that spot!! You are so going to make it. My sincere congratulations. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 231 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1663.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great Job you did! Thanks for sharing it and the reasoning you did to get there. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 203 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,877 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $578.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Two days ago I had to buy classes for my son. Well, today, 2 days later they were broken. I exploded in anger, unfortunately for my son. He's only 4. So here I am storming around the house thinking. "Hey, I've been waiting for an opportunity like this, so I can talk myself into smoking." No Nicodemon involved here, just me. As I'm driving to the mall to go get a replacement pair of glasses, I was trying hard to talk myself into stopping and buying some cigarettes. "I'll just buy a pack and have one or two and then throw the rest away. I can stop at a couple. Or can I.?" Well I didn't buy any on the way there, but I tried again on the way back, but my last 6 weeks of effort kicked in hard. "You are not going to buy any. You are not going to give up this quit. If you smoke you will just be an angry smoker. This isn't a good enough reason. There never has to be a reason to smoke. I am a non-smoker." Whew. Got through that episode. Feeling much stonger after it too. It was like I kept stompin on the Nicodemon until he said. OK I Quit! (for now) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $517.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$330,394.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6026 Hours: 15

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penquin, Way to go :) Congratulations on your determination! Keep up the great work! Kudos, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: