Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,563 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Just sad...

9 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Apeezy,

I am sorry to hear you have been feeling so down. Your mood now is likely affected greatly by your quit. In addition to withdrawing to the toxic chemicals smoking introduced, there are also many changes going on in your body. When you smoked, nicotine triggered the release of neurotransmitters in your brain. These neurotransmitters are responsible for good mood. When you quit, it isn't uncommon for your mood to take a nose dive.

This case of the blues is temporary and until it passes, there are a few things you can do:

* Exercise as it releases endorphins and these are also conducive to good mood.

* Rewarding yourself with something pleasurable. This triggers the same release of neurotransmitters we mentionned.

* Get outside and get adequate rest as these also affect your mood.

How are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am new here but read your post and wanted to tell you I am thinking of you and that I hope you can distract yourself from the sadness somehow.
You have hit a huge milestone because as I understand it the first 3 days are the hardest.  Please keep pushing on!

Best,
Aim 
9 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys. Just hang in there. All you have to do is make it past the first 72 hours. If you can manage that then u can quit. All you have to do is believe in yourselves. You both have made it past your first 72 hours so just keep strong. It's really important to enjoy and celebrate every second of your new found freedom. I used to celebrate every second and every breath I took. Sadly I stopped celebrating so much after my third month. As time goes by your cravings will be less and less and you will not even think about smoking after a few months. Every now and then you may feel nostalgic but the thoughts last for seconds and don't really bother you. Life is better as a non smoker keep it up.. John
9 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Apeezy.  Nice to meet you.  I have also felt the result of deep depression after quitting.  I am on day 28 and I have mood swings all the time.  I do not like grumpy all the time and I fine I talk aloud to myself.  If you need to scream......do it..whatever you need to do to refrain from picking up.  Keep busy..drink tons of water..do something for yourself.  Responding to you now is helping me!.  Just remember NOPE (Not One Puff Ever)  Hang in there...it WILL get better
9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I am finishing up day 3 of my quit! I am just so depressed and sad. All I do is cry. I feel as though everything is falling apart and I don't know what to do. Somehow I have managed not to smoke during all this heart break. I am determined to stop for good!!

Reading this thread: