Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Hello, I?m New Here

9 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think that is true if you are using the same method every time. Some methods make it harder than others to quit. I tried Chantix and actually smoked more, because of the nightmares and not being able to sleep for 2 weeks. I think everyone is different some methods work better for others. I found my method 9 months ago - haven't had a cigarette since. I didn't have the nasty side effects and I feel great. 
9 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi motivated,

So glad that you came back, ready to start again.

I'm thinking that, for you, quitting is kind of like learning how to ride a unicycle. You're able to get yourself up there and go a little ways, but then you fall down. The good news is that quitters, like unicycle riders, learn and improve from each of their attempts. That's why they are able to stay up for longer and longer periods of time, on average, with each attempt. And then, one day, the whole thing comes as second nature, with no falls.

What did you learn from this most recent attempt and/or from your fall? How can you do it better this time around?  
  • Quit Meter

$22,536.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 12

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi motivated. welcome back mate. what is the longest stretch you've had without smoking and what is your usual reason for starting again? I just completed my 10th week yesterday evening :) John
Hi motivated. welcome back mate. what is the longest stretch you've had without smoking and what is your usual reason for starting again? I just completed my 10th week yesterday evening :) John
9 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This idea resonates, Penitent, thank you. Just for today.
And, a Great Big Huge Congratulations on your milestone I missed!!!

L. 
9 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seems to me that something inside you is saying you can have one, one day and that helps you stay quit for a while; until that one day, some day, arrives.

Many of us haven't quit for the rest of our lives; we've quit just for today. Try it.

Good Luck
Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,771.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 13

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All,

I have been away for awhile now - because I've been floundering on staying quit.  It doesn't make me happy to admit it, but admit it I am, dusting myself off and getting this DONE.  Ugh.  The good news is that I've found it "easy" to quit for days/weeks at a time.  The bad part is that I keep going back.  I will get this.  I will do this, I am better than a stupid cigarette!  And I'll be leaning on you all for support.

Thanks all.
L. 
Hi motivated are you alive and still going strong?
9 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pen,

I'm doing fine thank you, just like this new bunch of quitters.  It is such a pleasure helping those who want to be helped!!!

to them all.

Love Lolly.    
9 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, what a thread - excellent - a throwback to the old days - I love it -  a constant dialogue between relatively new quitters which is what I call "group getting it done". That sprinkled with a little help from a couple of site superstars! How you doing Jim and Lolly?!!!

Keep it going John, Tim and L; just keep bouncing off each other and just keep quitting. You are all doing brilliantly!

All the Best,
Penitent 

• Quit Meter

$56,771.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 13

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter