Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

3 days and counting...

11 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Island:

Thanks.  I have to admit it gets better as every day goes by but still those cravings come out of nowhere not as strong as they were but occasionally one that will sneak up on you.
It has done wonders for my self esteem and general outlook on life.  I never thought I could pull this off so that is a confidence booster. Glad to be walking with you on the road to freedom.

Keep the Quit going and thanks for the support. 

You can do it!! We can help!!!
11 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations!  Sounds like you have a great attitude and are putting up with harder aspects with bravado.  You are almost at the same point as me so it's nice to see that someone else is finding their way through just like I am.  Can't wait till it's old hat and there's not such a battle about it.  Then relaxing with a cold one will be even better.
That was .. And into the 3rd weekend of freedom. Have a great weekend folks. 
11 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
willisv56,

Happy Friday to you too! I hope you have a great smoke-free weekend and that you enjoy the beautiful summer weather!

Sonia
11 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Friday Guys !

(is it after 5 yet?)

CLINK !
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Friday Buddy!!!

A few more hours and....  CLINK!!!  

You're going to have those up and down days for a while, but if you can keep that PMA going it sure makes it a helluva lot easier!  Ice water, deep breathing, walks and anything you can think of to distract yourself will take you a long way!  Oh, and craving for that beer at the end of the day, too!  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,385.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 7

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Ice Cold Brews..there is something I would like to crave for Jim and willsv56 That sounds good for a reward. I would have them on Friday..
Day 18 and counting. The cravings are on and off. yesterday it wasn't so bad.. today they are strong.. I have to admit I am getting used to fighting them..The irritability, stress and flashes of anger are almost gone. Continuing with nonic advice of Ice Cold Water, that helps and long walks outside whenever the craving hits hard.

More than all that look at all the quit meters of the folks on this site is a constant source of encouragement and motivation to keep the quit going. 

You can do it!! We can help!!!
11 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Clink !
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Freethree!!!

Congrats on making it through Heck Week!!!  On to what we used to call Blah Week!  Keep psyched up as best as you can and continue to reward yourself every day for kicking that demon's ash another day!  One of my little games was a reward system for myself.  I told myself that if I could make it through the day without smoking I would reward myself with a beer!  Well, to make a long story short, that reward WAS a driving force in my success!    Still is!!!  

So here's to quitting and ALL the rewards that come with it, buddy!!!   CLINK!!!  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,385.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 7

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes freethree, 

Hold on tight!  Print out the Emergency Coping Plan available to you through the program.  It will help ground you and keep you focused should you have to fight some strong cravings.
As always, we are here for you too.
  Vincenza, Health Educator

Reading this thread: