Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Here Goes Nothin......

13 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Charm!!!

Kick some demon ash just like an HOF'er knows how!!!  Don't let that sucker win even one battle!  

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 19

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW, you are armed and ready for battle!  I admire that.  Today is my 5th day.  It hasn't been too bad, but I have been alone all week.  Tomorrow my husband and my mother-in-law are flying in, so I know it's going to get a lot harder!  It sounds like you are going to win the battle today and it's always one day at a time!
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Charm, it should be here goes SOMETHING   Now let's kick some butt.

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Charm, I'm impressed!  With those coping skills in place, and the support here, I have no doubt whatsoever that you will be successful in your quit.  Stick close and let these good people help you along.  Embrace your first smoke-free day!
13 years ago 0 312 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning,

I just woke up to the first day of my new smoke free life. I would like to be able to tell you that everything is "just peachy", but I can't. I am real excited and real scared, all at the same time (kind of like that love/hate relationship).

However:

Ashley and Josie: I have my coping plan in my pocket and real handy to get to.

Ron: I have my walking shoes on, my mini trampoline and jump rope within reach.

Breather: I have several ice cold water bottles lined up and ready to go.

PeteG: I plan on saying "I am just not going to smoke for the next 5 minutes" several times today.

Tresa: I will be watching for that Nicodemon all day...he is not going to find me.

Cristina: I have went thru the whole program and have printed out several pages to keep with me all day.

Jim: I plan on maintaining a "POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE" throughout this duration.

Brenda: I am giving up that false sense of control and taking control for real.

Rock: I have my rewards list and plan on giving myself plenty of rewards thru this whole weekend, however small .

Aussiegal: I have been practicing your method, I'm going to try yelling at the cravings along with the rest of my plan.

And all of the many others here that I have learned from.

So see, you guys, I have been listening and learning for the past few weeks (I'm not just another pretty face around here....lol)

I would like to end this with a quote from one of my favorite actors:

"Try not. Do. Or do not.
There is no try."
   -Yoda (The Empire Strikes Back)

Charm

Reading this thread: