Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I?m trying again

14 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Maria!  Glad to see you are back here!  Give it another shot, you can do it!  Prepare and be positive!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 195
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,925
Amount Saved: $1,462.50
Life Gained:
Days: 21 Hrs: 8 Mins: 37 Seconds: 6

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maria, welcome back!  Just remember that the Wright brothers first airplane didn't fly.  Thomas Edison's first bulb didn't light.  Take what worked from your prior quit and apply it to this quit.  And always remember that smoking isn't going to fix anything.  Go back through my program, make sure your quit plan is current!  Grab onto one of our hands if you need help, somebody is always near by!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 421
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,840
Amount Saved: $4,210.00
Life Gained:
Days: 62 Hrs: 21 Mins: 29 Seconds: 0

14 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Maria......set your date, work the Program and go for it!  No need to look back because there is so much GREAT ahead of you.  Tell yourself constantly that you can do this!!!!!  If you need a kick in the pants....sign in here!!!!

Alexander Graham Bell said, "Sometimes we stare so long at a door that is closing that we see too late the one that is open."
Go through the open door and enjoy your new smoke-free life!!!!!

Dave

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 269
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,070
Amount Saved: $2,118.38
Life Gained:
Days: 43 Hrs: 23 Mins: 15 Seconds: 23

• Quit Meter

$50,498.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 0

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Maria!!
The best day to  quit is the one you choose to quit!
I didn't go trough the cut down thing. Personally I think is lke prolonging the withdral phase. But it is just my humble opinion.
Just stay positive and committed to your decision and you will be fine. It is a challenging but empowering journey. If I can do it, you can do it too.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 265
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,975
Amount Saved: $397.50
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 4 Mins: 24 Seconds: 17

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Maria.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 167
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,676
Amount Saved: $1,811.95
Life Gained:
Days: 18 Hrs: 7 Mins: 0 Seconds: 47

14 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
maria;
i hope you don't mind , but i suggest picking your date , and go for it ! you can do this . you're a teacher , that takes dedication and talent.you're a painter , that takes focus , dedication and planning. those great skills will make you successful here.

will it be easy ? no , but you can do it , and after a while it's fun , it's a challenge.

and by the way , we're right here for you if you need us. really we all need each other here.
mike/astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 582
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 17,460
Amount Saved: $5,238.00
Life Gained:
Days: 98 Hrs: 16 Mins: 10 Seconds: 8

14 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Maria,

You are right in your thinking that there will always be something, because there will always be an excuse for us to go back. This is why I find it very helpful to address the side of me that is an addict. It has helped me understand and recognize my strengths and weaknesses as a person in all the corners of my life. You can do this, stay close to the site and ask for help if you need it. If you feel a bad crave come on post here and wait for 5 responses. I could go on and on but if you read old posts your sure to come across some of my posts too. The main thing is to be prepared. We'll be here for ya.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/2/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 196
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,840
Amount Saved: $2,352.00
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 0 Mins: 51 Seconds: 4

• Quit Meter

$37,612.58

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 989 Hours: 6

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome to the group Maria!

Love your picture

Many people who quit will admit that the reason they never quit before was because of a fear of failure.  Why go through withdrawal if it may not work, they wondered? 

When some people prepare to quit, they consciously try to cut down.  One such person wrote to us that in order to be able to do that, she kept her cigarettes outside.  For her, smoking had been automatic, and all other attempts to cut down had failed.  She wanted to start developing coping methods before the big day came.

Another person wrote that he put away his pack, only taking out a certain amount for the morning.  He did the same for the afternoon and the same for the evening.  This allowed him to discover the time of day when his strongest urges hit.  Then he would work on dealing with that time of day.

Cutting out a few favorites each day is another way to cut down, such as the ones on the ride home from work, or the first one in the morning.  There are other ways of cutting down, and I hope the members will share how they did it.

Working through the program and participating in the forums will help you in motivation and confidence.

We are all here if you need us.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard Maria,
I'm a new comer myself, but I became a huge fan of this website because of the knowledge, friendship and support that the people here are able to share with you. Please read as much as you can in the forums, ask as many questions as you want and stay ahead of the nicodemon, by learning to cope with the tricks it's going to throw in front of you.
Good luck (and patience).
Cristina

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/5/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 350
Amount Saved: $45.50
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 23 Mins: 37 Seconds: 30

14 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here am I again.I wasn´t able to do it last time because I had other health problems and I convinced myself that I could only cope with one at a time. The problems remain unsolved and it seems there will always be something.  so  I want to try again.
I must admit that i´m very much afraid of quitting and of failing again so I need help and support .I have been going through all my plans again and I have set my quitting day for next week .  I don´t know whether I should wait until I reduce but it is easier to start  at the beginning of  the week.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: -3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -36
Amount Saved: �-5.40
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -20436

Reading this thread: