Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Scruffy's on board

14 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Samantha, Jim and Buggerdb,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I have not yet decided what I will do to celebrate one month with the nico monster at my foot but I have a few ideas. One of which is to use a voucher I received for a days golf with a friend of mine. Alternatively I have a voucher for a midweek overnight stay in a local Marriott Hotel, massage, swim etc. Sounds great. Anytime away from work, kids and stress sounds wonderful.

Cheers,

Scruffy.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 9/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 23
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 552
Amount Saved: �235.98
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 11 Mins: 19 Seconds: 41

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Scruffy!!!

I, too, remember those BLAH days!!!  The thing to remember during this period is the accomplishments and milestones you have reached so far!  Look at you...  over 3 weeks smober so far!!!  How long has it been since you have not had a cigarette in 3 weeks???

Also, you are nearing a phase in your quit when several substantial milestones will be reached!  First will be reaching the 4 week milestone, then the 30 day, one month celebration and then right after that will be the 5 week mark!!!  You will get to celebrate several milestones within a weeks time!!!  Look forward to this period and keep that Positive Mental Attitude going!!!   Reward yourself after each and every milestone to keep those endorphins flowing!  You will see that after this period of time that the ol' nico-demon will really start to lose his strength and you will definitely start to feel better about this journey that you are on!

I am positive that your friends and family will also notice the ol' sparkle returning and it will be even brighter than before!!!  So, keep your eyes on the prize, buddy!!!  It is SO worth it!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 573
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,325
Amount Saved: $2,363.63
Life Gained:
Days: 97 Hrs: 2 Mins: 38 Seconds: 36

• Quit Meter

$44,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 18

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scruffsters...

Sorry for not answering til now.. I am usually on here late.  Yes, week 3 and 4 are the blahs.  These are tough ones.. but after them, things slowly become better.  The benefits to quitting are so worth it!  Keep positive, give yourself rewards!  I'm pulling for ya!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 178
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,670
Amount Saved: $1,335.00
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 12 Mins: 15 Seconds: 58

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scruffy,

Having a case of "blah" is quite normal, this often includes a period of  frustration, fatigue and just feeling "blah".  It is temporary and it will pass but until that time, be kind to yourself! Reward yourself often and do anything and everything that may make you feel better. Keep using the site to express what you are going through and we will continue to keep supporting you. Like you said keep up the good fight! NOPE

In regards to the rewards, let us know what you have planned for youself for completing 1 month smoke free.

Members, any tips on getting through the stressful times during your quit?

Samantha

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scruffy, just remember that this temporary inconvenience will yield a huge permanent improvement.  The nicodemon is throwing everything he has at you now that you are in the blah days.  Keep telling him that he no longer controls your life!  And by taking it one day at a time, you are in charge, not him! 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 404
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,160
Amount Saved: $4,040.00
Life Gained:
Days: 60 Hrs: 6 Mins: 46 Seconds: 2

Jan58,

Thank you. Patience Patience. Yes thanks.

Regards,

Scruffy.

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 22
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 528
Amount Saved: �225.72
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 7 Mins: 18 Seconds: 24

14 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scruffy,
First of all, congratulations on 22 smoke free days.  3 weeks!!!!!!

I can remember exactly what you are talking about.  For the first little while, I can remember feeling depressed, and thinking, "will my life always be like this?"  Am I ever going to feel any better.  I know, you begin to wonder if this is your new lot in life.  Let me tell you,  IT ISN'T!!!!!

I began to feel a bit better each day, more hopeful, more like myself.  And after a while, I began doing the things I used to do.  The key for me was patience.

Hang in there Scruffy.  It really DOES get better!

Cheers,
Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 610
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 15,250
Amount Saved: $5,032.50
Life Gained:
Days: 71 Hrs: 13 Mins: 41 Seconds: 40

Buggerdb,

I just experienced yesterday a very severe case of "blah" yesterday. It is as if the nicotine monster realises now that I am taking this seriously and decided to hit me with some deep and heavy depression artillery. I was argumentative with my wife and starting thinking negative thoughts. "What if my life is always the way it is now? - thoughts of work, stress - a old friend said to me this weekend over a few drinks that I had lost the clint in my eye, the fun in life and that I looked old and grey. In fact that is actually not true at all and thankfully I can recognise that fact. I am able to enjoy the kids alot more knowing that I don't have to smoke, knowing that they are proud of me for quitting and I am proud of myself." I missed out on visiting this site over the weekend. I realise now that the battle is well and truly on and the weapons that I have at my disposal are my thoughts, attitude and this website. I must remain positive at all cost and talk to my wife about the importance of recognising my irritability for what it is - the screeches of a dying nicotine monster. This all may sound a little dramatic but it helps me to express what I am going through this way.

Here's to keeping up the good fight and thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

Scruffy.

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 22
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 528
Amount Saved: �225.72
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 6 Mins: 39 Seconds: 3

14 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scruffy,

What marivi mentioned is the blah week.. you get off that high of completing weeks one and two, and it is hard to get past the third week.  Keep strong, the blah week is one of the worst.  Glad to see you are still going strong!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 175
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,625
Amount Saved: $1,312.50
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 1 Mins: 55 Seconds: 32

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lol
Anyway, welcome and you are aljmost done w2ith blah week which is great!!!!
Have a great evening!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 244
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,660
Amount Saved: $366.00
Life Gained:
Days: 27 Hrs: 18 Mins: 49 Seconds: 2

Reading this thread: