Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,507 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Newbie here!

15 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi vaslism, and welcome to the SSC.  You're going to love it  here - so much support and friendship from people who have been exactly where you are.  Stay close and we'll help you out.  Best wishes.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 462
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,240
Amount Saved: $3,511.20
Life Gained:
Days: 50 Hrs: 11 Mins: 15 Seconds: 1

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
vaslism,

Imagining yourself as a non-smoker is essential in your quit and will help you succeed. Thinking about how you will see yourself differently as a non-smoker and how your life will change will also remind you of the benefits of non-smoking and motivate you to quit.

It really sounds like you are prepared for this quit. Practicing quit strategies and stocking up with food/ snacks wil also make this quit an easier transition for you. And don't worry, it is okay to feel nervous! 

Continue to post and let us know how you are doing as the quit day approaches. You can do this, we are here for you!

Sarah

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're gonna LOVE being a non-smoker.......
 Come on in..........the waters GREAT

huggggg
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 72
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,160
Amount Saved: $302.40
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 2 Mins: 51 Seconds: 1

15 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you are really doing this right!  Wooohoooo!!!  When I quit I had a lot of people tell me that didn't know I was  a smoker.  How in the world did they not know?   I have no idea how they didn't smell it on me!  Glad to hear that you have some good friends to help "keep you in line", it is always good to have a good support system!!!

You sound like me when I first quit, I was almost scared to quit.  I remember saying that I didn't know how to be a non-smoker...  it won't be easy, but if you prepare yourself and work the program and read and post and lean on us... you will make it!  Sounds like you already have a good start on it all!  I am so excited for you... before you no it you will be a non-smoker!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/18/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 722
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,440
Amount Saved: $2,527.00
Life Gained:
Days: 58 Hrs: 18 Mins: 13 Seconds: 23

15 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for all of the awesome advice.  I have been reading through all of the forums (old and new) and you all are such inspirations.  As the big day nears, I am excited but getting so nervous.  I am just trying to keep imagining myself as a non-smoker.   I  continue to tell everyone that I know (some folks have even said that they never realized that I smoke) so that they will help keep me in line!  I have bought carrots, celery sticks, pickles, and gum in preparation.   I bought my last 2 packs today!!!!

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Vaslim!!!

Welcome and congrats on your decision to quit!!!  The big day is getting closer and closer!!!  Use this time to prepare, learn and really psych yourself up!!!  Keep a Positive Mental Attitude going into this quit!!!  Keep telling yourself over and over that you CAN do this and you will never let that nico-demon get the best of you!!!  If you want it bad enough, you will succeed!!

So, when Saturday comes and you get one of those huge craves, before you even think about running down to the store for a fresh pack, get on here and post for help!!!  Wait for 5 replies, and your crave will be gone!!!!  Then, making it through that one crave will make you stronger and it will also show that nico-demon that you DO have the strength to kick his ash!!!

You CAN do this!!!!   Keep telling yourself that!!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 399
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,975
Amount Saved: $1,645.88
Life Gained:
Days: 68 Hrs: 18 Mins: 32 Seconds: 44

• Quit Meter

$44,242.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 21

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vaslim, welcome to the SSC!  You've been given some awesome advice.  And do you know what day of the week is best to quit?  Any of the seven that ends in the word "DAY"!!!!!  So here's what I recommend that you do between now and Saturday.  Go through "my program" to make sure you are 110% prepared for this quit.  Preparation is key to success!  Set up a reward system to celebrate each passed craving (small reward), each smoke free day (medium reward), and each smoke free week (larger reward).  Add your quit meter to your posts from under "my profile" so you can see your progress.  Read, read, and read some more!  Use the search function to find topics on "cold turkey", "NRT", or other topics important to you.  I went cold turkey, and I haven't taken a puff since August 20.  I smoked 2 packs a day for 20 years.  Not sure how much you smoke, but trust me that it can be done!  Post as often as you need as somebody will always be here!  Take this quit one day at a time, tell yourself N.O.P.E. (not one puff ever), and you'll go far!  We're all rooting for your success!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 229
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,160
Amount Saved: $1,832.00
Life Gained:
Days: 34 Hrs: 6 Mins: 8 Seconds: 24

Reading this thread: