Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Look at all you Guests!?

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bounce,

Welcome aboard! Congratulations on making the decision to quit! We encourage you to start to work your way through the program and become familiar with all of the tools and resources the program has to offer. Ask questions, vent, support others and enjoy the quit buddies you'll make. We look forward to hearing your story.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard Bounce!

You'll be glad that you made the committment to quit and I hope that you prepared yourself well!  The support I received from this site and my fellow quit buddies here made all the difference in my quit!!!  Yell if you need help and we'll be here to help you through this long hard process!! 

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 84
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,100
Amount Saved: $346.50
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 18 Mins: 10 Seconds: 32

• Quit Meter

$44,295.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 2

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Bounce

Glad that you've decided to quit and yes, you can be assured of help and encouragement from the members here. You've seen how we post and read through the threads - you know that the first fours days are spent letting the nicotine eliminate itslef from the body and then you'll deal with the cravings as they crop up.

Dig into your glove compartment and use the strategies you find there... let us know if and when you get into difficulties...

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 131
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,275
Amount Saved: $1,473.75
Life Gained:
Days: 24 Hrs: 8 Mins: 56 Seconds: 43

15 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tassie huh? You little devil  (I know, very unoriginal)

There have been a few from "Down Under" and I'm sure, although not Aussie, "Kiwi" will drop by to "Hi".

Welcome and Good Luck!
Penitent

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/18/2004
Smoke-Free Days: 1471
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 36,775
Amount Saved: �9,193.75
Life Gained:
Days: 239 Hrs: 17 Mins: 3 Seconds: 26

• Quit Meter

$56,826.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 11

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, I confess to loitering!! Today is my first day without smoking although I found this site some 6 months ago.
I have been lurking behind the scenes being inspired by you all for all that time.
I have been a smoker for 26 years. It's nice to know I'm not alone, but I have a feeling I'm going to need all the help I can get!! I'd love to hear any Aussie success stories as well, as I'm in Tassie.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/28/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 31 Seconds: 36

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We encourage all new guests to join in on conversation, to read through previous and present posts and to ask as many questions as you'd like.

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice post HP,

Like he and she says, don't float by if you are serious about quitting smoking! Step right up, there is plenty of help here.

Penitent

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/18/2004
Smoke-Free Days: 1466
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 36,650
Amount Saved: �9,162.50
Life Gained:
Days: 238 Hrs: 22 Mins: 16 Seconds: 51

• Quit Meter

$56,826.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 11

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Daily,

lol!  I have the same personal trainer you do. 

It took me about 40 days of lurking and doing the cravings diary before I took the plunge in here. I had quit on my own then needed some backup help... starting to flail. Then I found this board. My "guesting" was reading and being inspired.  Do not despair Daily, you are helping others without knowing it. 

Lurkers... take note.... read all you can. It's the best site on the web for REAL LIFE help and inspiration. No platitudes from people who have never been in the grip of this addiction. 
This is the real deal from people who have actually smoked and quit.

Thanks for looking in and good luck with your quits... come on in....  Daily is waiting for you!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 52
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,248
Amount Saved: $299.52
Life Gained:
Days: 6 Hrs: 9 Mins: 31 Seconds: 10

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is the first day I've noticed that there are so many Guests visiting the site - 203 at this time!!   That's 203 people who want to live and who are thinking hard about how they should stop the addiction to nicotine.

Let me just say to you who read this out there - I got another chance at a healthy life when I was scouting around looking for support or any kind of help on the internet - I found this site and read the posts for a day or two before i said to myself, " I want to talk to these people and see if I can get help with this no-smoking thing..." That was four months ago and I am here, not wheezing, not getting bronchitis, able to walk more without having to stop and lean on a rail or fence and my apartment doesn't stink. And I have saved a few bucks to boot!

We welcome you Guests and hope that you come in and join us - there's nothing better in my day than to see new members actually quitting and feeling confident at last in their ability to break the addiction.   I remember how it feels to be at Day 4 and then day 14 and being able to sleep well and taste my food again... my personal trainer says that I should stop being deluded now that I've quit smoking and admit that I don't have a personal trainer. I have all my friends on SSC!

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 126
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,150
Amount Saved: $1,417.50
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 10 Mins: 39 Seconds: 28

Reading this thread: