Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

This will be my last quit!

16 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey....Thanks everyone! I am feeling much much better, there was about 5 days that I just felt like there was a hugh weight on me, nothing was right, I wanted to smoke but knew that was stupid, as Den said "do you really want to do hell week over again". I really didn't want to smoke, I don't know what I wanted. So I started back to the gym and got on that treadmill and gave it heck! It is amazing how much longer and further you can go when you are not smoking. Deb...look forward to having you as a quit buddie, that 30 day mark is getting pretty close, we'll have to celebrate! Jodieh...37 years of smoking, I don't know about you but I find that so hard to believe when I don't even feel like I am that many years old! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $322.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shanon AND Jodieh.!!! I knew you were out there looking in, and we ALL are sure glad that you finally joined us!!! Sure is great to see all of the new March Mellows chiming in and doing such a great job quitting!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $86.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$44,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 19

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shannon, Glad your here! It looks like we're the same age and have been smokin the same length of time{ 37 yrs.} I had a melt down also while entertaining everyone at Easter! Thanks to this forum and the tools! Next time I will not over do it! The word H.A.L.T does come to mind HUNGRY,ANGRY LONELY or TIRED!! :)
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Shannon and congratulations on your quit... Keep close to the site and yell for help when you need it... otherwise cheer yourself and the other very-newbies on in this life-changer!! Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $765.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do this RF! It is if you say so. Just remember to carry nope and some strategies in your back pocket and you will be fine! Chantix seems to help alot of quitters! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 386 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,072.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi & welcome RF, WOW-- you're doing fantastic with 24 days under your belt--congrats on that (We're at the same point exactly). While I can't say I know exactly how you feel--I know that there have been rough times for me recently too. The thought that gets me through is remembering that previous relapses made me feel worse, instead of better after that first smoke. I keep remembering this & I am able to fight off the urges. I have been spending much time on the site posting & reading other success stories & this has been invaluable. Alot of wisdom in these forums. So welcome my quit buddy---lets get prepared to celebrate the 30 day mark together in 6 days & then many, many more... ;) Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rosie's friend, Thanks for introducing yourself and know that we are always here for you. Congrats on your journey so far and thanks for sharing. Prepare yourself for anything and talk to us, we can help :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Shannon, Welcome to the site and congratulations on the 24 days quit time you have gotten already. I know there are tough times during a quit, all of us do hit these bumps in the road and that is what is great about the help and support of this site. everyone has been thru these and will offer you a different perspective and a little bit of help. So come here often to get the help and support that you need. And ALWAYS remember, is it really worth it? Do you really want to go thru hell week all over again?! Stay strong, you are doing great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,404 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $547.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RF - Welcome. Glad to have you here! I also used Chantix - it really did help a lot. As you know, there are a lof of ups & downs in staying quit. While everyone is different, I had some tough moments leading up to my one-month anniversary. So, I can empathize in what you're going through. Keep reading & keep posting here. It can truly be a life saver! By the way, check out your meter - you've said NO to 960 cigarettes - that's very impressive! Just keep saying no one craving at a time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 395 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,567.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,500.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 5

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't even tell you how many times I have tried to quit in the last 3 years. After 36+ years of smoking it is time. I have been taking Chantix and it sure makes it easier, not easy but easier! I have been sailing along for the past 3 weeks just fine and then Bam! I have been really fighting it, so far I am still winning. I think that with the Easter holiday stress of cooking cleaning, shopping, and family, (I really do love them but there is a couple of them that can stress me out in seconds) It just has me really on edge and wanting that cig, even though I really don't want one! I have been lurking around here since I started this quit and ya'll have been very helpful. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: