Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Here I go!

16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CARLARAE, I'll add you to the stats later! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 771 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,782.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 125 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Mr Ed for you nice welcome. Deb, great advice! I already found myself checkin in on this site as soon as I think of a cig. I exercise alot and I hope I see an improvement in my breathing and endourence...sp? I was spreading the word around today about the N.O.P.E. And I totally buy it!! One puff is what got me back to square one to begin with. Looking foward to smoke free days and chats with you too :) Peace, Wow! your excitement gets me motivated!! We will win, u r right!! Josie, I love all the support in addition to the support group. When I dont see new postings, I browse about. Its great! Patrick, Thank you for your warm welcome. You all are such very nice people. Carlarae [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/24/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome CARLArae! [b] [color=Red] [font=Courier New] This is a FREE service brought to you by a site member (ME). [/color] [color=Green] Get added to my Quit Stats Database![/color] [color=Red] See your name and fellow quitters celebrating significant quit days![/color] [color=Green] See your Quit stats each weekend! (Quitters - Youngest to Oldest or The A-z Big Parade)![/color] [color=Red] Many new (2008) Quitters have already done this..[/color] [color=Green] Older Quitters missing from these lists - let me know as well![/color] [color=Blue] HOW TO DO IT? - REPLY HERE! Just post your Quit Name & Quit Meter (or quit date)[/color] [color=Green] Everybody here will see your Quit stats and be able to celebrate with you![/color] [/font] [/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 770 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,775.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 125 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Carlarae, I too have made multiple attempts to quit in the past; but I am feeling more confident this time with the help of the SSC. Come here often, read the posts, post if you'd like & watch all the success stories--I find them such an inspiration. So far, the interventions I have found most helpful in the war to remain nicotine free have been ice water, exercise & coming to this site multiple times throughout the day. I also remind myself frequenty that I am one puff away from going back to a pack & 1/2 a day just like that. Looking forward to smoke free days & chats with you on SSC. ;)Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 690 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $155.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carlarae.. WTG Girl ! :) and Welcome ! I also was a closet smoker and there's nothing, absolutely nothing you can do to mask the smell .. that stinky old smell of nicotine.. YUCK ! You can do this ! I too am on the patch and have tried more than a 1/2 dozen times to stop this horrible addiction. We will win sweetie :) Peace :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carlarae, Welcome and good for you for making a great choice and getting prepared! There is great support and knowledge and it is all here for you to use and read. Take the time to post concerns, support and milestones. We are ready for anything! Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, Carlarae, come in here everyday and take as much time as you can get to just sit on your keyboard and read and post and keep that focus right on the fact that you have QUIT smoking and that you're not going to take another drag on a butt ever again (N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever). Congratulations on your Quit and keep iced water with you all the time to fend off those addictive thoughts and just focus on the reasons why you will never smoke again... Breathe like a drill instructor - long, deep and release those shoulder muscles! patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,625 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $731.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am quitting tomorrow morning. I am 33 yrs old and smoked for 17 years. I tried quitting 3 different times. Once with the patch for 8 months, once with wellbutrin for 3 months, and once with chantix for 1 month. Seeing as thought the patch was the most effective way in the past, I am ready for another try. I am taking different approaches this time. Such as support from all of you (I hope ;)) rewards, and excersising. Here are a few (or many) of my reasons for wanting badly to quit. I feel very tired of having ciggarettes control my daily life. I put things off I should be doing to smoke. I drive like a maniac on my way home from work just to get home and smoke. I will soon be a former closet smoker. Hiding it from people who I know would lose respect for me. Worring about someone stopping by and there are clouds of smoke floating about. Spraying myself with anything to mask the smell in my hair or hands. Of course not to mention, constant sore throats and bronchitus...(spelling?) Boy, I could go on and on. So thats my introduction. Looking forward to visiting everyday to talk to you all. Carlarae

Reading this thread: