Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

I'm New and I have a Quit Date of 3/19/08

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Barbiejayne.. Welcome to the site.. I am using Chantix. and it has helped me. Nothing can stop you from smoking, but their are aids and you supply the grit. The people here will help you every way they can.. Rember two very important things.. N O P E not one puff ever.. Come here, read, post yell for help, wait for 5 to 10 replies.. before you light that cigarette. ( the craving will go away in 5 to 10 minutes.) Be prepared to distract yourself. I had to admit to myslef that I AM Addicted to Nicotine.. and like any type of addict.. NONE> NEVER> I am only ONE puff a day, from a pack a day.. ( I read that here..) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 544 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome to the site! I agree with Sparky (as always!) if this is your first quit (as it was mine) read as much as you possibly can and use the tools and resources to prepare your mind and body for the withdrawals etc. And remember, no matter how much it may pee you off to hear it...this too shall pass. Wishing you the best in the beginning of your quit journey. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $463.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SSC. One question, is this your first quit? If so please prepare yourself well. The reason I am saying this, is I didn't and I got hit hard with a crave that I didn't expect nor was I prepared. So if all of sudden you feel like an evil power is invading your body, come here fast and post. Remember to drink water and breath, craves usually pass withing 10 minutes. Some will suggest a crave basket, water, candy, straws to chew on, etc. Look forward to getting to know you. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 318 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $954.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hai BarbieJ! Read everything you can on this site, old and new posts. Do the program too, as it is full of great advice. Gather together your best positive attitude and we'll help you do it! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 374 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,945.70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BarbieJ, Welcome to the SSC. You have come to a great place for support. They will tell you straight when you need to hear it straight, pick u up if you fall and most of all they will encourage you in your quit and be your cheerleaders all the way thru! The only advice I have is to get totally prepared for any possible situation that may be a trigger for you and get ready to keep your guard up, because that little junkie can be really sneaky. But if you'll see yourself as a non smoker and tell yourself and believe that you are a non smoker, you can whip this addiction. Good luck and I'm here for you too! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site BarbJane I have tried many times to quit and have found this site to be one of the best for the support it offers. I'm a non smoker for close to 40 days now and could not have accomplished it without this site and its tools...! Congrats on taking the first step to being a non smoker! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,064 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome BarbJane! You have found a terrific way to assist with stopping this horrible habit. This site provides so much support and information & has a great number of folks who have beat this habit... I, too am on Wellbutrin and have found that it has been helpful--can't really say that there have been unbearable days thus far in my quit. Together we can beat this addiction. Plenty of ice water, deep breaths and lots of posting and reading will get you started. Take one day, one minute at a time--this IS do-able.... Best wishes and hope to see you posting..... NOPE--(Not One Puff Ever) Won't it be great to say YIPEEEEEEE ---I AM A NON-SMOKER :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello BJ and welcome to the site. Great people in here will be with you all the way through your quit. When you ask yourself "why am I going to smoke this cigarette?" next time just feel the addiction in your brain picking away at you to give it some more nicotine right Now!! There's your answer and it's a call that all of us in here have answered over many decades and some for only a few years but it has been the addiction that has knocked us to the floor with it's persistence and level of difficulty in giving it up. So, just know that we're all here to help you from right now through the 19th and on through the whole of your quit! Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $618.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi BarbieJ & Welcome, This is a great place to find support and very valuable information on quitting. You are making a great start by looking at what causes you to smoke. Also look at where you tend to smoke, ie, the car, on the phone, at the computer. This way you can start getting your coping plans together. What can you do instead of smoking? Drink water, eat a healthy snack, do a crossword puzzle, paint your nails.... stay close to this site, we are here for you. If you have any questions or concerns, just yell. You are never alone here. You can do it! G [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 236 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,132.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Barbiejayne43 and congratulations on making the decision to quit. Read through the program, ask questions and post often! We're here to help you through your journey! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: