Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Who knew?

16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm using the patch and it seems to be working quite well. Don't create more anxiety than you need to about your quit date coming up soon. Start looking forward to it as it will totally transform your life. You know you can succeed, so don't set yourself up for failure by being afraid. It will be difficult but in the end one of the best decisions you will ever make in your life. I was a little nervous to quit at first too as I hadn't even attempted too many times before, but I knew one of the secrets was to see it as a positive thing. Remaining positive was difficult but it helped and I can see the immediate benefits from being positive and quitting smoking. I haven't quit for that long but I really do feel like a whole new person with a new attitude towards smoking, and I think once your quit date rolls up and you see how powerful and in control you can be over this "little monster"--nicotine that you too will be able to do it. This site is great for motivation and support so stay on here and read and post as much as possible. You may want to check out some of Allen Carr's books, I believe this is what really gave me such a good attitude about quitting. Don't stress, You'll do great! Believe in yourself! keep us all posted, there are many wonderful people here to help you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terri, Welcome to our support community! Good for you for keeping a diary, keep this going and use this to better assess your triggers and situations to avoid. You have received some excellent advice and experiences. Take what you need and continue to prepare your journey. We are always here for support and knowledge :)
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terri, I've quit using both the patch and gum. This time it was cold turkey which worked out pretty well for me. Between the patch and the gum, I preferred the gum. The patch made me really anxious and tense at first and also interrupted my sleep when I slept with it. When I didn't sleep with it, the mornings were unbearable. I like the gum because you have some control over how much nicotine you get and when. It also provides some instant gratification that you don't get with the patch. Having said that, I wonder if it's a good thing... hmm. Whatever you choose, stay close to this site. Good luck! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,610 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $508.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terri The choice is yours .I used the patch myself it made the transition a little easier but then I had 50+ years of smoking to get over.Determination is the key here you gotta whana to make it.Not to worry if an old dude like me can make it so will you.Use the quit program tools ,come to the site and don't be afraid to post and ask questions thats what a support group is all about. All the best. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,450.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm now on my last four days of smoking. I started keeping the diary and ... who knew? I smoke WAY more than I thought and I'm a cluster smoker. I'll go for a few hours (at work or busy at home) and when I do get the chance to smoke, I'm smoking several in a row. While my new revelation is making me more determined to quit, I'm starting to get a little nervous now that quit day is looming. I haven't decided whether to use a patch or gum, and wondered what others think (I tried to get a prescription for Chantix, but my doctor is quite against it). Do I have a better chance of succeeding with a little nicotherapy? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-38.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -31550

Reading this thread: