Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,573 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

Me and My husbands First Full Day!!

16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya The only place I could make the patch stick was on my bottom(seriously) My wife was amused by the little black marks they left!! Worked for me!! NOPE me xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,543.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monkeejnke & Mokeejnke's husband, please come to our party! It's in the new users & general forum, under "calling the mayflowers." If you go thru the thread, you'll be up to speed & a card-carrying member of the mayflowers! Glad to have you both! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome Monkee All of the advice given so far is good. Also just spend as much time as you can reading the posts on this site. I didn't use patches but my friend did and she had them on her bottom. Is that not possible for you? Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 976 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �427.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Monkee!! My husband and I quit 5/5/07 with Chantix...both of us long time smokers and myself at 2 packs a day....It get easier!! I forget who said in this thread to realize each of you may be having totally differant days, thats the truth! Just go with the flo, I swear there are days I think we might get divorced....haha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 805 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monkee, Welcome to our support community! As you can see, this is the place to be! The members have given some excellent advice and there is still more to come. Take what you need and keep it close. Use this information and make your quit your own, support one another and do what it takes. Have questions, problems or cravings? Check with the site first and see the difference it can make to your journey. Congrats to you both for an amazing choice :) Josie
16 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you and your husband are off to a great start. Congradulations, and so sorry to hear of your past hard times. I never tried the patch but hope it works well for you all. Hang in there and you can both celebrate together on your sucessful quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC Monkeejnke, you couldn't be in a better place for the support you need to help you through this. You & your husband are going to be so glad you made this decision. I wear my patch on various spots on my upper body. Maybe chck with your doctor though. I know lots of peopl here have said they put them on their thigh, chest, butt, whatever. My doctor advised me not to put it on my chest or anywhere below the level of my heart. I had some problems though, that might not be true for everyone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No, it's not about not wanting people to see it really. I work for the Post Office and my husband works for Longhorn Steakhouse and just think it would be more discreet and more respectful of others if we could put them on under our clothing, also they start to peel a little after a while. Thanks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow MJ3022!! Firstly, welcome. Congratulations to you both for quitting!! Whilst you are doing it together, try to remember that you are actually doing it alone!! Your quit is yours and your husband's quit is his. You should each protect your own quit and do what you each need to do to keep it going. I think doing it together maybe a little challenging but definitely doable if you are both fully committed to the quit. And it sounds very much like you are. I wish you well - you can do this if you really want to! Good Luck!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,520.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 177 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$56,914.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1127 Hours: 8

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Umm I have a problem already..Are you ashamed of the fact that your about to tell the world "Up yours I don,t smoke Anymore " So what happens when a fellow employee say,s " Oh no don,t tell me your going to quit smoking "are you going to tear of the patch and say NO. I,m sorry my darlings,step up to the plate and say I Dont Want To be An Addict Anymore . And if your fellow employees have a problem with that send them around to see the Bear !!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,224 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $680.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: