Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I'm giving it a shot...

16 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello misledxcracker and a warm welcome... It takes a great deal of focus and commitment to quit successfully, so trying prolly won't work (or making an attempt) BUT the good news is this is doable IF your desire to quit is stronger than your desire to smoke. Stay close to this site, misledxcracker -and read, read, read and read some more. Go back to old posts and allow those who went before you to guide you to a successful forever quit! Blessings and Light- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 429 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,041 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1994.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
misled, Welcome and thanks for sharing your story! Take the time to prepare and look around. The site and program has lots of tools and tips to help get you through. The support here is amazing and can really make a difference, so post often and let us guide you :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you decided to quit. I am also a new member and have set my quit date three weeks from now, May 28. That will give me time to cut out some routine smokes, like after a meal. I know we can do this. My mind is made up this time.
16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Misled and welcome to the neighborhood. Take the time before you quit to do your homework ... use the workbook to the left, read posts (old and new) for ideas on coping mechanisms and if you haven't already, check out Alan Carr's Easy Way to quit book. When your ready to begin your new life, we'll be here to cheer you on. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 484 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $163.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$119,533.93

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6401 Hours: 2

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome. I'm new here too... My new QUIT is scheduled for Friday. I wish you the best of luck going Cold Turkey. (I tried about 3 weeks ago and lasted 5 days and now I'm sneaking ciggys (hope you get a better go at it than I did)) It's hard but I know it's possible! C~O~N~G~R~A~T~U~L~A~T~I~O~N~S for making the decision! It will & can save your life! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome misledxcracker....do you know what the date maybe that you will quit? You can put that in to your quit meter..I know seeing my quit meter in my glove compartment really helps me....There is a workbook to the left that might help you along the way...also, there is am that you can launch to cit chat with peopple.... by the way I don't believe I welcomed Shakes yet....so, Welcome... If there is someone else I missed....WELCOME, WELCOME..... ;)
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome you can do this. Keep reading and posting and there is always someone here for support. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 965 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you can do this keep reading and keep us posted on your quit,there is so much support here you will never feel alone,i quit cold turkey if i can do it anybody can :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,324 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �336.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do this!! And you've got some great support!! --Shakes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 661 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I plan on being here a lot, and reading/posting all the time! Thanks for the support! :)

Reading this thread: