Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I am soo scared and yet excited!

17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome, There is nothing to be afraid of when you quit smoking.No smokepolice or anyone is coming after you.LOL AHH MAYBE PHIL !!! kcfangirl,you and your husband have made a very wise choice to give up smoking.Do whatever and however to stop this bad habit,this habit is the only thing you should be afraid of. Come here and read ,post read, post,and get on your ways to a healther and happier life togather and hopefully alot more years togather.Remember 90% of stopping smoking is attitude,set your mind to it and you can do it. GOOD LUCK SMOKEY [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 388 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear you and hubby will be joining us. You CAN do it. Work the program to the left, and get yourself prepared. My hubby and I both quit. I was a 3 pack a day smoker for 34 years....so....if I can do it, you can also! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 231 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1848 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kcfangirl, Not to worry about your spelling. LOL I never check mine either. There's no telling what I've posted. :blush: I quit cold turkey after 27 years and 2+ packs a day. It was hard but, it's doable. You just have to choose the way that's right for you. I'm so glad you're here. Your attitude sounds so positive and I know you can do this. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,056 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would like to say thank you to those that have replied in such a short time this evening. I will definately be back on tomorrow after we decide on the patch or gum. I just showed my husband the workbook and we are going to go through it together. Goodnight!
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freemom has a good point there. The medicine costs just a little over what I was spending on smokes, and I smoked the cheap ones... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I fully understand not having insurance. I have been there. Even with insurance now, my insurance did not cover the Chantix. I personally think that is crazy. I mean, come on. They pay for the smokers who get sick and end up in ICU on ventilators. But they won't pay to help us quit. Much cheaper to pay for the med to help us quit! (Sorry... just gets to me that insurance companies are that way). Okay, back on subject. I have heard that Pfizer has a program for people who need help with a presciption. I don't know that they pay for the doctor visit. I think they just help with the medicine though. I work in a hospital, I will ask our pulmonary doctor tomorrow if he knows of any programs. I will let ya know what I find out. Hang in there! I also don't go back and read what I have typed. Guess I need to cause when I went back I found lots of errors in a post I made earlier. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kcfangirl, Congratulations on you and hubby deciding to quit. Welcome to you both and you're at the right place. There are so many of us here in all different stages of our quits. It is pretty common to feel afraid when you decide to quit. It's a huge lifestyle. When you think about how so much of your life revolved around cigarettes, it is nervy. But, it also makes you mad when you think about how that cigarette controlled you and many of your decisions. So many times we couldn't wait to get out of a movie so we could smoke, we actually avoided events if we weren't able to smoke while there, etc. It's like dragging around a ball and chain. You and your husband need to read the workbook over to the left. It really helps you with your quit and gives you tons of information about this addiction and what you can expect. Read a lot of the posts here too and post a lot yourselves. We're here and we will help you every step of the way. Drink lots and lots of water to help with cravings and flush your system; have hard candy, gum, sunflower seeds, toothpicks, etc. for that "hand to mouth" thing; avoid places or things (triggers) that you associate with smoking; get up and move around with each craving i.e. brush your teeth, take a walk, clean something, etc.; take slow/deep breaths; and keep reading/posting here. It's so wonderful that you and your husband are quitting together. You can support each other and then both of you have all of us. You CAN do this. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,056 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kcfangirl - Don't know how much you smoke now ... but calculate how much you spend on cigarettes and lighters in a month. Then check with your pharmacy to see how much Chantix would cost. The price just might be a wash! - Freemom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 347 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $114.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$119,589.21

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 2

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
By the way, I don't bother to read over what I have written, or god forbid, spell check...so I apologize for the mistakes!!! LOL!!
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi kcfangirl. I think it's great that you and your husband are doing this together. Nice birthday present to yourself ... Hey did you say next Friday? ("You say it's your birthday, it's my birthday too yeah" to borrow from the Beatles) :) I'm gonna be 41, ahh to be 29 again! Fear is so common. The best way to lose the fear is to educate yourself about addiction and your triggers so you can find ways to handle craves. Many of us find that a positive attitude and self-talk are helpful. For me, when a crave starts to worm itself in, I tell it to go away and don't dwell on it and SO FAR it has worked great. To be fair, I'm using Chantix, too. BUT my first attempt was much harder and led to a brief relapse - that was before I tried handling craves this way. So get ready, get set and then just jump right in. You and hubby can do it and there are always people here to help when you need it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 347 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $114.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$119,589.21

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 2

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: