Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Advice regarding the patch!

17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mavawsc, Everyone is different, I started with the 14mg patch,used it for 8 or 9 days and then stopped without any significant withdrawal symptoms. I started taking it off earlier and earlier each day before I stopped altogether. The most important thing is to protect your quit, if you use the patch for the entire time directed you are still NOT smoking! Best of luck to you, keep us posted. Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 474 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mava, Welcome and know that we are here to help! Cravings and triggers are what you have to look out for. Prepare for them with coping mechanisms and avoidance techniques. 10 days is great and you can do this! Please continue to share with us and let us know how we can help :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mav - I'm glad you posted and I'm glad to hear that you have 10 days smoke-free - That's a huge accomplishment! You should feel proud! It sounds like you're struggling a bit with the whole phsyical re-adjustment thing - isn't it scary how much our bodies were effected by our smoking!?! I think you should give yourself some time, keep healing, and then step down the patch. In the meantime, keep reading and keep posting. It's great to have you with us! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,626 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $299 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 12

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mavawsc.. I started on 21 mg and still have 2 weeks at that dosage plus 2 weeks at 14mg and 2 weeks at 7. I,ve been told to stay with the program..P.S I,m a 50 + year smoker... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 386 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Phil, I stopped smoking but still was acting like the same old dude, rushing to want to get things done. Will stay on the prescribed method of 4-6weeks and then drop to the lower dosage. Many thanks. Peter
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mate Dont worry about cutting down o the patch do it when you are ready! 10 days sounds too soon to me I was on 15mg for 4 weeks at least! JSUT DONT SMOKE! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 246 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,421 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1291.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Hi everyone, First off thank you, thank you, thank you! I quit on April 1 st (fool no more )and I am on the 14mg patch. By reading everyones advice this is the longest I have quit smoking. I smoked for 30 years. Feel like garbage, but at the same time I think I feel my body starting to heal! In the next couple of days I will be attempting to drop to 7mg patch and wanted to know what to expect. Thanks to all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Day 16 and the head is freaking a little. Adjusting down made me feel more lightheaded last night and today. I guess the body is compensating for less nicotine. Cravings were stronger to. No smoking still. If it gets worse I promised myself I would not smke and just bump back up to 14MG for two weeks and drop down again if I have too. Thanks for all your help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 199 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Done Mavawsc It,s kind of nice to be able to smell and taste food again is,nt it. Glad to see your hanging in there it just keeps getting better each day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 477 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
Thanks folks, 15 Days, I dropped to the 7mg patch this morning and no signifigant difference or cravings!! Longest I have been smoke free in 30 years! Little by little I feel less like garbage. Gained 3 pounds but I was aware that this would more than likely happen. I have taste buds again all of a sudden. That's okay. Focusing on the quit and will take care of the weight gain later on. Now that I can breathe again I plan on being active. Can't try to solve all of my problems at once.

Reading this thread: