Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

New member getting ready to quit.

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brad, Welcome and congratulations on your decision to quit. I am on day 2 and have found this site to be very helpful. I found that when I am having a craving if I get on here and post something, by the time i am done, the craving has passed. Deep breathing helps too. So, good luck, post often and we can help each other.
17 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome...you totally got this! That morning drive is difficult...and you got through it...so that is absolutely fabulous!!!!! Straws are your friend. Well, at least they have become mine... I steal 3 anytime I go anywhere that has them....Starbucks can afford to loose a few straws to benefit my health, hehe. So yeah, keep this up man!!!! It's the first day of your new life...and don't forget to breathe! Hope to see more of you around here! JAZ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 68 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
So how is day one going Brad? Just checkin' in! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Good luck Brad, hopefully you get those patches soon! Today was my first smoke free day...for me, I found as long as I quieted the voices telling me to smoke before they got out of hand, I was okay. See you 'round! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scrawn, Been thinking about you!! How you making out. We are here for you Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $214.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brad, Is this DAY 1? How are you doing? Think positive thoughts and drink lots and lots and lots of water. You'll be so busy running to the bathroom you won't have time to think about smoking! Let us hear how you are doing! MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 646 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 108 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[Color=purple][font=courier new]Hello scrawn-e!!! First of all I want to congratulate you on deciding to quit smoking! It is the best decision you could have ever made! It is very much worth it! [IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/IamShortcake/wtg.gif[/IMG] There are so many helpful tools on this site as well as a lot of great people that have gone through, or are going through what you are. Everyone is here to help everyone else! Good luck to you! Post often and stay near! Keep on keepin' on! [font=stencil][color=green]Stay Strong![/font][/color] [IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/IamShortcake/shortcakereading.gif[/IMG] [font=impact][size=4][color=red]~PEACE~[/font][/size][/color] [color=purple][font=Courier New][size=4]Shortcake[/color][/font][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 792 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$454,210.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5354 Hours: 19

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heya Brad, Welcome and Congratulations on making the decision to Quit. You'll be just fine. You CAN do this. You are a NON SMOKER. We're with you all of the way. Stay close and keep us posted. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 906 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Brad, Congratulations of making such a wise decision and welcome. We're all here to support you in every way. You CAN do this and we'll help. You'll do great!!! Read, read, read, and post, post, post. It really helps. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 566 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brad, Welcome! You have found the best site on the internet for support. Hope you've been busy reading the posts (past and present). Get educated and prepared while you wait for those patches. Learn about what's working and what to expect in the next few weeks as you give up the ball and chain of addiction. We will help you do this! hugs auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,277 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46

Reading this thread: