Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

To all the new smoke-free people!

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shortcake, You are an inspiration to many, and especially for me. I haven't hit my quit date yet, but I have started on Chantix so it's coming up soon. I read many of the posts on a daily basis to get me prepared for what is ahead, and the information on this site is priceless. I have always put more stock in "reviews" from people who have been there-done that, than from any manufacturer. I'll be looking for you on my quit date, and I know that you and many others will be there for me. Thanks! MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Shortcake!! Well said. This site is a godsend to me. Anyone who is lurking reading this (as I did for ages) join up, do the program and QUIT! I promise it worksand life just gets better and better :) Here's to positive quitters! Danni x x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$326,973.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 10

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
this is bout my 6th attempt at quiting but it seems different this time now i have found this site i feel stronger in my quit and i enjoy reading and posting on here you are all great people and i am proud to be a member of this group well done everyone :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �27.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$29,518.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7069 Hours: 18

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shortcake. This site is pretty amazing. It's great when we can support each other AND learn from each others experiences and mistakes, too. Funny what you said about lurking ... This site was good when I was starting and just lurking. Now that I'm actively using it, its an AMAZING help! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$119,549.72

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6401 Hours: 22

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 108 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=tahoma][color=purple]Good Morning everyone!! Thank you all so very much for replying to my post and being so supportive!! Everything that you all said above is absolutely correct. This site keeps me strong as well. It really gives me something to look forward to. I am sorry if that sounds kind of silly, but it does. I know every morning when I come to work and feel myself trying to go back to the smoking breaks that I can come here and talk to wonderful people with great support and understanding. I don't need to go smoke a stinky, nasty cigarette. [b]Praxin[/b] [quote]I watch as my old smoking buddies bundle up this week to go out back to smoke and think to myself, "it's so nice not to have to go out there and freeze anymore!"[/quote] I absolutely understand what you are saying there!! When I did smoke, I never smoked in my house, I either went to the garage or out on the front porch. I am so happy not to have to do that anymore, especially when the wind chill is -10 outside! My daughter even said that to me last night. We walked outside to get something out of my car and I just mentioned that I was freezing. She smiled real big and said "Aren't you glad that you don't have to do that anymore?" And yes, she is absolutely right! This is my 2nd quit and I feel much better about this one than the last. To be honest, when I was ready to quit this time I wasn't so sure that I could pull it off because I failed last time. Then, I came back to this site and I feel so much better about my quit! I just know I can do it this time. Other than the nasty habit itself, there are several other reasons I a want to quit so badly this time. We travel a lot and when we are traveling with me not smoking in the car we have to pull over and hold up the trip. Also, when I am on a plane I can't stand it until I can have a cigarette, or even at the airport! You have to go all the way outside to smoke and then come all the way back through security and by the time you get back in, you want another cigarette! I am so NOT going to miss those days!! Anyway, I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful smoke free day and if I don't get to later, I want to wish you a wonderful smoke free weekend!![/font][/color] [color=green]Stay Strong![/color]
  • Quit Meter

$454,130.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5353 Hours: 21

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

DT2!! [QUOTE]My Milage: My Quit Date: 5/29/2006 Smoke-Free Days: 255 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,113 Amount Saved: $765 Life Gained: Days: 24 Hrs: 6 Mins: 22 Seconds: 26[/QUOTE] Your quit meter says it all! Absolutely wonderful!! I admire you!! I can't wait until my quit meter has ticked away like yours has! I am pulled to this site and after seeing your meter, I am pulled even more!! Terrific work! [color=green]Stay Strong![/color] [IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/beccers98/Avatars/c58f7c20.jpg[/IMG] [color=red]~PEACE~[/color] [color=purple][font=stencil][size=4]Shortcake[/color][/font][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$454,130.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[color=purple]Hi Freemom!! I do agree, this site is pretty amazing. A couple of years ago I would have never known that this site was here helping so many people like it does. I think what I like about it most is the fact that it is everyday people going through the same thing and helping each other through it. Just like you said, helping and learning from each other. Whoever invented this site deserves a standing ovation!! [i]***clap, clap, clap***[/i][/color] [IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/pookedoutboy/thpinkrose7hc.gif[/IMG] [color=green]Stay Strong![/color] [color=red]~PEACE~[/color] [color=purple][font=stencil][size=4]Shortcake[/color][/font][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$454,130.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[color=purple]Hi There MomMom!! Thank you for your kind response to my post. Also, thank you so much for the comment of being an inspiration. That is so sweet. Honestly, I just want everyone to succeed and overcome this massive "Monkey on my back" creature. ;) I only bring to this site my past experience and what I am going through now. It helps so much to have people to vent to about your feelings [b]KNOWING[/b] they know how you feel and are compassionate; not just agreeing to be agreeing. Understanding and support are 2 factors that can help anyone with their quit, not to mention pure ambition and will power! I see that your quit date is Valentine's day! What a wonderful choice, a great day to save your heart! :) Unfortunately that day I will be out of town (my Anniversary is the day before and I will be out of town with my Husband), but please don't let that stop you from posting. So many here are willing to listen and help as best they can. When I return on 2/15 I will be looking for your posts and hope to see day 2 on your quit meter!! I agree with reviews as well, not just what the manufacturer says to sell a product. I see you will be using Chantex for your NTR. I, myself also needed a little help so I am using the patch. It helps me, but everyone is different so each individual will need to choose their own method. You are absolutely right, others as well as I will be here to support you on your quit!! You can do it!! I have faith in you as well as everyone else here! I can't wait to see your quit meter ticking away!![/color] [color=green]Stay Strong![/color] [IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/beccers98/Avatars/c58f7c20.jpg[/IMG] [color=red]~PEACE~[/color] [color=purple][font=stencil][size=4]Shortcake[/color][/font][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$454,130.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[color=purple]Hi there Stacy! Thank you for your kind response to my post. Also thank you for saying that I am special, I appreciate it. I just wanted everyone to know that I don't think I am better than anyone else, just that I have been through all of this before and I have my eyes wide open with everything. I want everyone to succeed in their quit and know that it is very much worth it! I would hate to see anyone cave like I did before. :( So, I post withdrawal symptions and craving helpers that I use. Not that it will work for everyone, but at least some. Thanks again... ;)[/color] [color=green]Stay Strong![/color] [color=red]~PEACE~[/color] [color=purple][font=stencil][size=4]Shortcake[/color][/font][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 292 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$454,130.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[color=blue]Hey stressybessy!!! Thank you so much for you kind response to my post.[/color] [color=red][quote]This site is a godsend to me. Anyone who is lurking reading this (as I did for ages) join up, do the program and QUIT! I promise it works and life just gets better and better![/quote][/color] [color=blue]Well said as well!! So often I find myself craving so badly that I don't know what to do with myself. Coming here really helps. Leaning on those who lean back when they need to is terrific. I don't think I could do it alone and I have no one in my life who understands what I am going through. True, I do have support from my family, but none of them are feeling my symptions and aggravation with the whole thing. That is why I post my meter and stand proud. I am doing something that will not only extend my life, but will make me feel so much better about myself as well![/color] [color=green]Stay Strong![/color] [color=red]~PEACE~[/color] [color=purple][font=stencil][size=4]Shortcake[/color][/font][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$454,130.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: