Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

new/set quit date

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh My Goodness�. I don�t think I had this must support after giving birth! LOL And yes, I smoked through my pregnancies. I thank God that it didn�t effect them! They are now 19, 15, and 12. They are my reason for wanting to stop smoking. I want to live to enjoy my grandchildren (SEVERAL years from now!! ?) My doctor said that I should take Wellbutrin for at least a month before quitting. So, my quitting date is Jan 2nd. Here are a few things I have done to �sike� myself up for my quit date. I have posted every where��Jan 2 I will be a non smoker, and I will succeed�. My husband and I are quitting together. He is going cold turkey, he doesn�t like the idea of taking anything, me on the other hand, and I need all the help I can get! I am despersatly looking for that "easy out". Thank you for all the kind words and support, helpful I can help others in the future! Peace be with you all! Ronda
I have been reading the posts. I havent quit yet (I almost fell bad for posting), but I have set a date. I start Wellbutrin tomm. Has anyone used it? How was it? I am going to be using everything, pills, patch, anything that will help. I have NO will power!! So, I have already appolized to family and friends, of what my personality will be at first. Any and all advise will be greatly apprecated!!
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy, you can really tell when the Zyban is wearing off and you're ready for your next pill. The cravings start getting really tough for me, then 10-15 minutes after I take the second pill, I get back to half way normal. I can only pray I will have the courage to keep doing this... I just wish I never started many moons ago. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ace: Doing Zyban too! It's the same as Wellbutrin. Took it for 7 days and on day 8 I quit. That was only yesterday, so I'm feelin ya. Today has been rough, I feel like I'm living in an outer body experience, the cravings are bad, but I haven't caved. This is it for me, I've quit so many times. Just not my normal chipper self. So good luck to you and drop me a line if you need a friend. There is a lot of support here, sometimes just reading the posts helps. You can see that if others can do it, we can too. Good luck to you. I don't have much willpower either, but I need to start breathing again! Your family and friends will back you and give you the support you need. You will get irritable, but it will pass. Good luck when you finally do quit. Warm regards, kathy
17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ace.. I am going the Zyban (wellbutrin) route myself. I am on day two and well it is going great. I feel like it is helping me a lot with the physical part of my addiction..only the psychological part that is giving me a little grief. So, I guess what I am saying is wellbutrin works well. KTQ.. Nicodemon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 46 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ace, Tony here on Zyban-Its brilliant. I take 2 x 150 mg a day- 1 at wake up time 7-8-9am and one at 2-3-4pm. I dont have a problem sleeping;I`m not spaced out and I dont want to smoke. Being on 60 (3pack or more) a day to nothing;I`ve felt nothing... Nothingness if there is such a word. Day 4 was a bit different from the other 8 days as I was running around looking at pubs to buy and getting stressed out and to be truthful, I was gonna buy a ten pack, smoke 1, and throw the other 9 away....but I never...I fought the demon. I`m glad Zyban was in me thro as it really helps. Today I ate like a pig-but just been the gym and burnt it off. Hope this helps. Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Hi Ace, I am using Zyban which is a pill you take twice a day so might be similar. I took it for 4 weeks before I stopped smoking my doctor made me stop. Anyway I have not looked back since I do get with drawl pangs but not bad ones. I should also mention that I have stopped smoking lots of times and suffered every emotion possible so always talked myself into smoking again the easy life for me. Not this time I have never felt so positive ambout not smoking anymore. I hope your stuff works as well for you. Good Luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 742 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Nic, day one is under your belt and you sound good. Hang tough and post often and let us know how you are doing. Congrats on day 1!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 321 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ace, Good to apologize to the family ahead of time....I actually yelled at my husband this morning.....while he was still asleep! lol, so apologies daily is a great way to start, but you will find lot's of great information to deal with all the withdrawl symptoms, and you may discover some new ones, we would appreciate you sharing them with us. Every quit is different, but yet the same on so many levels, so post often. We will be here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 319 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Ace! I started on Nicorettes (4 mg gum) and then my jaw was hurting after a week so I switched over to the patch. I smoked no more than 20 cigs a day and I could've started on the 21 mg patch but chose to use the 14 mg. It's working like a charm. Yes! During 'hell week' - the 1st week of my quit I had many cravings but I did my deep breathing exercises, including some visualization techniques. The cravings began to subside slowly. I'm now into day 22 of my quit (just celebrated 3 weeks !) and I will continue to use this patch for another week and a bit and then step down to 7 mg patch. Do whatever is best for you.. re the med's etc. It sounds like you've done a lot of preparation and if you read here and post often as part of your preparation you'll be on top of it from the get go! Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 433 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: