Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I'm confused

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad you checked in. I was wondering about you today. I'm glad you haven't decided to smoke. You know it will get much better in the next week or so and eventually that voice will start to sound pretty weak and pathetic. Keep trudging along. It's sunnier up ahead and you'll get stronger as you go. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sharon, No you really don't want one, the demon wants you to have one. Crave the quit as someone here said; I really like that. But are you distracting yourself when you have that crave? Talking positive back to that negative stuff? I had that all day today, but I kept talking back in a positive, very determined way. Hope you feel better in the morning! Congrats for getting through day 5, I'm looking at that tomorrow. But what a ride! Lets stay on together! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 318 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
NO NO YOU REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY REALLY REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY DON'T
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One day at a time...and you did it! Just tackle each day as it comes. You are still in Hell week...better days are ahead. You will make it...one step, one day at a time... Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 779 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sharon, I know exactly what you're talking about. Sometimes this is like a wild rollercoaster ride full of contradictions. But the good news is, it DOES get easier. Go get yourself a good night's sleep, it'll do you good. Talk to you tomorrow. Stay strong and keep posting. Cheers, Jan
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sharon, As with anything in life, the first week of a new challenge is always the hardest. You need to stay focused and keep your resolve. Distraction is the key. Keep your mind busy from thinking of cigarettes. Having a cigarette now would reduce the difficult moments you have faced during the past 6 days into a complete waste of energy. You are nearly through with Hell Week - keep it up, Sharon! We're right here with you, we know what you're going through. Deli xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,205 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sharon where are you?????? I hope I dont have to pop over the water and give you asevere telling off! Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sharon, Hope you are feeling better. you have 5 awesome SMOKEFREE days. You CAN do this, you ARE doing this. Stay close, post, scream, kick do whatever it takes to NOT smoke. We are all here to help you through. Stay strong sweetie. PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sharon deep breaths in hold it deep breaths out, do it again and again. There feeling better? Brush your teeth, take a bubble bath, or a shower, walk around the house, meditate, chew gum straws or candie. Whatever it takes to get it out of your mind. Fight it will all your might. We're here for you :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,931 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $512 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DON'T DO IT!!! I am talking from experience. There is nothing worse than going out and buying that pack of cig and smoking. You have to face yourself in the mirror. You have to start all over. You have to admit that you smoked. IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!! I know exactly what you are feeling right now. That struggle is so strong. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T GIVE IN. YOUR ARE A WINNER. STAY STRONG. ((((HUGS)))) Sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: