Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

ahhhhhhhh!!!!

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HELP!my first day after 25 years.any pros at this got any advise? or some witty humor to help me thru this?[font=Comic Sans MS]Text[/font] THANKS BLUEJO40
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bluejo40 WATER WATER WATER, Flavored, unflavored, spiked with lemon, from the faucet - drink at LEAST 8-10 a day. It will help flush the toxins from your body and keep things moving smoothly if you experience any digestive changes. I found that saying OUTLOUD, "NO I DON'T SMOKE ANYMORE" when I wanted to smoke and reviewing my reasons why I quit REALLY got me through some tough times. Also the upperclassman (as I like to call them) the folks who are years into their quit and even those who aren't bring something to the party information wise that you may use. If not, someone else may say, "Hey That's HOW I FEEL!" Keep working the tools the SSC provides and stay close - especially when you really feel like smoking - read and enjoy the stories, humor and advice that these awesome people offer - It's free, and at the same time PRICELESS!. Thanks to me and SSC, I am just about at my one month mark. Wishing you the best, Hangin In, Not Givin In CobenFan (Christine M) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 467 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
KEEP THE FAITH. You can do it, it won't be easy, but man is it worth it!!. More money, feeling better, chew some gum, get some suckers, they helped me a lot!!
18 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome bluejo40, You've made a great decision to be a non-smoker. You got some great advise from some pretty terrific people. Remember to take some big deep breaths often. Trudy :) p.s. It's my 1 month anniversay, la la la la la la ! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.69 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BLUEJ Hang in there!! Grab some straws, some gum, some hard candy, a co-worker, whatever it takes, but don't grab that smoke! Water is a huge part of quitting. Drink lots of it!! Tell people that you have quit. You will be surprised how supportive they can be. If you are a coffee (or soda) drinker, be careful how much you drink. It can trigger a crave. Brush your teeth after you eat, and then drink some water. Suckers and straws are great for the hand to mouth routine that we became addicted to as smokers. And take a nap when you can. I wouldn't suggest it at work. For some reason they frown on that This is just my 2 cents but after 36 years, that is how I gave it up. Remember to reward yourself as you progress! Giving up such a strong addiction is huge and you will need to treat yourself a little bit a long the way. Hang in there! You can do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 683 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Bluejo40. I'm not quite a pro yet, more a bench warmer with lots of practice under my belt lol.. but if it's quitting you want, I can say, you've come to the right place!! Look around at the tools and posts for great info and advice. Are you quitting cold turkey, or using a NRT? Do you have snacks and activities in place to keep you busy? Let us know how you're doing. Keep Strong, [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $913 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, bluejo40. Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking and welcome to the SSC. You've aready gotten a lot of great advice. Breathe deep. Drink lots of water. Chew on straws, candy, veggies, nuts, furniture, whatever. Stay on this site, read, post, repeat. Realize that what you are experiencing and feeling is [u]good[/u]! All the stuff that seems so horrible are really signs of healing. Embrace them. You're off to a good start, bluejo40. Glad you've joined us. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 333 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,671 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1265.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 343 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bluejo40, First Welcome to the greatest site there is. Best advise is to stick around and read, follow the program to the left here, and most of all get a plan togther to protect your quit at all cost. It will take a lot of strenght from you at the start, but, it will get easier as time goes on. I smoked for 35yr. I didnot remeber how live was without smoking, until now. I will never smoke again. I love my live as a non-smoker, and you will too. You can do it if you come to the mind set it is going to be a challenge. So worth the effort, with amazing changes to your life. Kick ash, and just do it. :) UFO [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 444 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,333 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2664 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$25,428.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 673 Hours: 5

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: