Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Hello, new member here.

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aerrin, I am rather new to this forum and have learned a lot just by reading the folks who are further down the path on their smoke free lives. How are things going with you? I hope it's been okay, I think that's the best you can hope for at the start of the process. I quit on a weekend which is harder for me when I am home there is way more time to think about smoking. At work, it's not really an option. Best of luck to you and feel free to share with the other newbies on the board, we're all in this together!!!!! ChristineM (CobenFan)
18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it! I am also taking Wellbutrin XL and using 21 mg patch at the same time. I figure that I will do whatever it takes to get me throught the first few weeks. Good Luck and stay strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for the very nice welcomes. :)
Sorry for not posting, I don't think I have sat down long enough to do much of anything over the last couple days, been rough, but busy...lol. But I'm still here and I'm still giving it everything I can to not give in. It's going to be a long day..lol :)
Oh, I am ready. :) I want this more than anything at the moment. I'm 36 and I've smoked regularly since I was 16. I've been having alot of medical problems lately. Due to smoking or not? I don't know, but it is enough to wake me up and realize, I need to stop now. My 18 year old son lives with me and smokes also, and my husband also smokes, but they have agreed to either try to quit also or at least respect me enough to go out to do so. And they are being pretty supportive of my decision. :) My Dr. gave me a 1 week sample of Wellbutrin XL. So I'm hoping that helps some. I'm really pretty scared of the depression aspect of quitting. But I know I have to now. So, I'm thinking about asking him if he thinks it might help more to get more of that. Thanks for the welcomes, I'm sure I will be stopping in here alot. Tomorrow seems to be coming pretty fast, lol. Talk to ya'll soon, take care.
I joined this site yesterday. My quit date I have set for tomorrow, I've been smoking way too long, and I've tried many times to quit on my own, something I obviously hadn't succeeded at yet, or I wouldn't be here...lol. Due to some medical problems I'm having at the moment, I decided, it is time to finally kick this habit. This is a really nice site, I'm glad I found it.
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard and good luck Aerrin! :) Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $74.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aerrin and welcome. There is so much support here, and usually there's someone around when you need to reach out. Quitting is hard, it takes wanting to stop smoking more than you want to light up. If you have the commitment, just stay close, ask for help, make sure to read and read...and post here. You can do this, so come on along with us, and we will do it together. Blessings be- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $43.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you found us too. Welcome Aerrin and congratulations on your decision to quit. Good luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 459 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$204,327.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5156 Hours: 13

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aerrin: Hop in sit down and get ready for the ride of your life. Welcome to the one place that can realy help you quit. Make sure that you have a plan ready. Work the program to the left and come here often. I have found it to be helpful if I read the old posts. Congratulations on a wise dicision. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $810 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: