Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

I NEED TO QUIT... Hope this method works...

18 years ago 0 55 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
it's my first day, i havent smoked at all, though i have this need to go buy a pack. I have a headache and I think I need HELP. I promise I wont crack. I wont touch another ciggggg. Help me with what do i do for the next 24 hours..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thanks all of you, really.... its been almost 8 hours... though I still have the urge.... I hope i get through this... though I have a headache... any suggestions !!!
This morning I woke up and decided to quit, I took in the fresh air in my lungs and I was in love, breathing instead of smoking. I dont really know what after effects are... but I hope I can QUIT once and for ALL.
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dreamer...... I hope you're still there, and haven't given up your resolve. The first 24hours can be either really bad or horrible. You take your pick. :) What do you do? Anything but smoke! A lot depends on your situation. Do you work outside the home? Do you have time to distract yourself from your cravings? Can you surf the web the whole day? You need to give yourself a BIG distraction from your cravings. It's going to feel like one MASSIVE crave all day. Perhaps all week. You have to prepare for this. It's called Hell Week, and congrats - you have crossed the starters line! You really need to use the tools on the left, read thru these posts, visit other websites (which I can't name here) to read about the dangers of nicotene and the other 600 ingredients they put into cigarettes - basically what you are doing to yourself by smoking. Then you need to stay quit - minute by minute. Don't look too far into the future. Deal with each minute and you'll be fine. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 455 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Dreamer You can quit if you really want to. Sounds simple and yet it is a tough road, but a doable one. Make up your mind that you want this quit more than anything else in life. If you believe you can achieve. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,728 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $651 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dreamer Are you still with us? Hope you are. Just make sure and stay close. Also, you might want to go to whyquit.com and read some of the stories there of those who didn't quit. It's an eye opener. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $651 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on a great decision, one that you wont regret and will make you so proud. Read and post here all you can. Be kind to yourself, this is not easy but worth it. Spend all the time you can here it really does help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 272 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,447 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2040 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello dreamer! great decision you made! now find out all you can about the addiction and how to overcome it! the program tools at the left are a great place to start. stay close here and there are lots of great people to help you on the road to freedom! We CAN do this! [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 307 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2026.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$52,425.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 917 Hours: 18

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quitting is easy...if you work at it hard enough. Develop distractions...also called coping skills. I liked the hard candy and the deep breathing. There are many available. Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1591 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15910 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 328 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$122,623.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8384 Hours: 14

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with all the vicki is ok has said! Yes, there are some coping tools around this site that might help you but I never used them, I didn't need to, I just had a really strong desire to quit and I did, 610 days ago; you can quit too BUT ONLY IF YOU WANT TO! Good Luck Penitent D610
  • Quit Meter

$56,826.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 13

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: