Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

hi, starting from the begining

18 years ago 0 67 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Orel, Welcome aboard. Congrats on quitting. Post here often. There are nice people here they care and they help Mo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Orel, Welcome.. We are always here for you.. Keep up the good work!!! You're doing great!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 379 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shalom Orel!! Welcome to the forum and well done for your excellent decision to save your life!! Great idea of yours to post here everyday, to have some accountability - posting on this forum has helped me so much - I never want to have to say I slipped, so that makes me more determined not to!! [img]http://www.lightintheblack.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/respect.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �10.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Orel..... I didn't post a lot in the beginning - I went my first week just reading. I found that going through previous posts and understanding that I was not alone with how I was feeling made the cravings a bit easier to handle. You are through the worst of it - congratulations on your decision to quit, and make sure you REWARD yourself - you have reached your first week milestone, do something special for yourself..... If you need help, just ask. There is always someone here to talk you through your cravings - there are a lot of great people here. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 381 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stop apologising cos you are loud and clear. You can have all the help that you want because you are very welcome. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Orel Welcome in and congrats on your decision to quit. You will have all sorts of help and support here so use it. Your typing is fine and I love the fact that we are world wide in this quit. We are all choosing to take back our lives and that is a wonderful thing,. Keep the quit. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,537 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $616 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Orel- don't worry about typing mistakes- you are coming through clearly!! Congratulations on your decision!! That is wonderful!! Kepp coming here every day, as you said, and tell us what is going on. We all wish you the best, and are very glad you are here!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,553 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $767 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, Its so nice to see so many people starting off their new lives in the last 2 weeks. Each of you deserves special recognition for being willing to work your way through this journey. The first couple of weeks are about you and getting the nicotine out of your body. Most of you are long term smokers and ridding yourself of nicotine can be a difficult and all consuming job. Stay with it and the benifits will soon out weigh the losses. Just stick close, and continue to post and to read each others post. They will be the way that you can get your mind into the next phase of the journey. When the physical cravings have past and the mental journey is started. You each can do this. You need to want to be a non-smoker more than you want anything else. Look through the threads and see how many times it talks about the mental or mind games/journey. It will help you to be ready. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,651 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $550.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
shalom, thank you all so much.i am sleeping a lot and eating a lot...just for the first 2 weeks.you are so wonderfull here. thank's
  • Quit Meter

$119,230.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 16

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i have been here before but failed over and over again. was smoking for 32 years, 30 cigarets a day. well' today, 13/1/06, i have stopped smoking cold turky, this time for good (with god's help). i have promissed myself to come here everyday and tell u aboute another day of not smoking. in the past i only read this forum' wasn't writing so much. this time i am going to write everyday hopfully u will help me. sorry for mistaks in my writing (i am from israel), and thank u so much. i have smoked my last ciggaret 2 hours ago' and yes i did the journy in the left. i am determent to succed this time with your help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$119,230.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 16

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: