Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,681 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Fatigue - is it normal?

16 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, Thank you all for your responses and support. It's made me feel better that I am not alone going through this phase and that others got through it. That alone has given me strength. I just have to remember that it will pass and I will be myself again soon. I am taking the advice of so many of you to be good to myself and pamper - go for a walk, even a short one when I can. Thank you again everyone. Jewlsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The fatigue is very normal. We punished our bodies so long with all those awful drugs, do give it some time. Pamper yourself. You WILL feel better, the mental battle is exhausting too, but it does all pass just as Iwannbefrre says it does! Your resolve gets a little stronger with each passing day, and your health improves with each passing day, and you know how fast a year goes when you look back, gone in a snap! You will get there pretty soon! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 337 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,555.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya, Lillyput... First off, I want to say congratulations on the 34 Day Quit you've accomplished. It is hard but I know it's going to get better as the months go by and my new life without cigarettes gets more fixed in my mind. Can you write a little bit about how long you were a smoker and how you got started?? There are lots of new members on here like myself who get strength in our quits when we read of another soul who has beaten the addiction even through the hard days.... Thanks, Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi! When I stopped, I felt VERY agressive, was not able to sleep well, which made me extremely tired, which made me even more agresive and so on and so on.... Have you tried music? I find that I can modify my mood and change my thoughts depeding on what I'm listening to. Me and my ipod are everywhere.... Cat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,887 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �434.01 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Bear i am on my 5th week it's so hard just want to beat this [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �372.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lillyput, If you're having trouble with cravings, try drinking plenty of water, chewing gum, eating mints or taking a walk. It's always a good idea to keep yourself distracted with activities that you could do without smoking. Members, do you have any other suggestions for lillyput? Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
thank you for the support. this is my 5th week But I can't get the NICKODEAMON out of my head, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �372.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jewlsy I am going thru EXACTLY what you are. I am currently on day 29. TIRED, tired, and tired. I get 8-10 hours per night and on the weekend i had 3 naps. I MADE myself go to the gym tonight. I had to, i have gained 8 pounds - grrrrr. I just start a 3 day strict starter diet. Need energy bad, so i thought i have to push myself and i mean really push myself to do stuff. I thought if i can go to the gym every second day maybe that would help. I am hoping i can keep up with it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 504 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You will lillyput you will start to function better. Just give it time.I don't see a quit meter so I'm assuming your a new quitter.Dont get discouraged stay with us we can help you get this done . ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 321 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,778 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,210.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 78 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Hi there it great to to read all the quots, I feel the same as Jewlsey it's hard to deal with all the different feelings, I wish I could just fuction better. Hope I can keep going, ( thanks all for listing )

Reading this thread: