Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,509 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Chantix users - how did you feel?

16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I didn't really feel sleepy, although I have read that others on the site felt that way for the first week. What I did notice right away were the vivid dreams which I thought were rather entertaining. On the third or fourth day (whichever day you start taking two pills), I felt that when I smoked, I wasn't getting the same feelings as I had before (it wasn't as satisfying). Hubby had the same feelings. I've read that some quitters cut down their smokes during this time, because they just didn't have the same urges to smoke, which I think is a great idea. Silly me, I probably smoked more, which I wouldn't recommend. Yell if you have more questions. Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I didn't feel tired from the Chantix. However, I took them for 10 days and smoked just as much as ever, and thought it wasn't working. I then stopped (because I ran out) and had no trouble at all. Now, nicotine is a stimulant, so it is possible that it is interfering with the nicotine already...I have also read that stopping smoking does make your blood sugar go down quicker than usual. I would maybe tomorrow try drinking fruit juices and see if that helps. Just an idea, someone may come along with a better idea. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $376.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just took my first pill this morning and set my quit date for one week away. Having tried Zyban/Wellbutrin/patches repeatedly in years past, I guess I knew what to expect from them. I read all of the literature that came with the Chantix, but I didn't really know how it would make me "feel" and wasn't expecting much the first day. Well, I "felt" different within an hour. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it just felt odd. Then I was dog tired all day! Usually mornings are my most productive, and I was yawning like crazy. I worked through it, and had another tired spell several hours later. I worked through that one, but the next one put me down for about an hour long nap. Was I just having an off day or did they make you tired, too? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-24.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -50444

Reading this thread: