Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,509 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Chantix users - how did you feel?

16 years ago 0 105 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Kelly. Hopefully I've got it now. Lori [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lori, Under 'personal profile' there is an option for showing quit meter on all posts. change to "yes". Good luck with you quit! Stick close to this site. It will make a huge difference for you, I assure it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $216.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Also - My quit clock is not coming up with my postings. Can someone help me with this? Thanks - Lori
Thanks for the support, you guys. Not having that smoke to "wake me up" (what crazy thinking!) this morning and then driving in without lighting up were difficult moments. Feeling a little better now. I am definitely going to have to develop some new routines. Daytime seems to be ok - it's early morning and night that are difficult. It certainly helps to be able to come to this website and read and post to help center myself. Especially helpful today was reading the Joe Cool thread under "Avoiding Relapse and Slipping". Sad and powerful motivation. Lori
16 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lori - Hold tight its Day 3, not too much longer until the nicotine will be gone. This morning was a little tougher than this weekend because I always had a morning routine before work and I am having to change that. We can make this happen, just remember to take one day at a time (or hour by hour if need be). Candi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning fellow newbies. Lori, I'm really glad to hear you are hanging in there. It really will get easier with each smoke free day. Mornings continue to be my toughest time but much, much easier today than in the first 2-3 days. For me, eating something right away in the morning helps. This is something I NEVER did as a smoker. Also,I make sure I take that Chantix with food as soon as I get up. Best of luck to all the new non-smokers out there. We can do it! Margo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $62.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Candi -- I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how you are doing. Going into day 3 I am struggling somewhat. Felt intense cravings this morning and have been really tired. But knowing that I am so close to get through the 72 hours of physical withdrawal, I am hanging on. Hope you are doing well. Katilina -- Glad to hear that you are feeling good for you on day 6 with Chantix. That definitely gives me hope for getting through the next few days. Lori
16 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Everyone, Well, I have completed 6 full days of not smoking on chantix and I'm doing really good (not going to get cocky and say great). I miss the cigs, but my lungs do not. One thing I really like about the chantix is that my mood isn't as irrational as it was when I used the patch. I seem to be calmer in aggravating situations, I'm very thankful for this. I don't like the demon side of me when I quit smoking. The chantix is really doing it's job for me. I don't mind the dreams and I have had a small amount of nasea, but nothing I can't handle. Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Look at you girls go!!!! On day two already!!!!! That's how..just deal with them one at a time. Pretty soon the worst will be past you and you will be congratulating yourselves on a week! Candi, I quit with a smoker in the house and I got clear right from the start that it was my quit, not his. Drink plenty of water, pamper yourselves, read and post here, reward yourselves for the great thing you are doing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 192 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,305.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Candi - It is funny that we both stopped at the same time! I really feel as if I have reached the point where I am so sick of fighting this - that I am finally going to leave this behind once and for all. I feel for you living with a smoker. Thankfully, I don't have that type of temptation always around me. Stay strong - Lori [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: