Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

TERRY HAS ONE WEEK!

16 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Faith, I truly believe that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terry, Love what you said! [quote]one thing I learned is that I don't have to feel guilty ever again as long as I am putting one foot in front of the other and doing the next right thing.[/quote] Faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $816.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terry, I was just describing my own psychology! You're right, guilt is a waste of time but I need it to re-sensitize ight now... not something I'll carry to the grave... just part of the grieving process, I guess. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $461.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Thanks I feel good about kicking butt! Daily Llama I understand everything you are saying, but I don't have any guilt over the smoking thing or how long it took me to quit again. I've dealt with a lot of awful things in my life that my actions have caused and one thing I learned is that I don't have to feel guilty ever again as long as I am putting one foot in front of the other and doing the next right thing. I really like me and now I like me even better. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Terry! You are definitely kicking butt. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $352.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
It's there in the Troubleshooting Forum - Avoiding Relapse & Slipping under Kristi's thread " Is this what I'm doing wrong?" I'm making a leap from being angry at oneself to it's being caused by low self-esteem which is a cover up for the fear one feels about the power of the nicotine addiction and the damage it is doing to Self and Family... bloody tobacco assails so many of our personal values and batters us into slavery: Why do I NOT care about my life? Why do I keep on destroying my health? How can I be so stupid as to keep on letting the addiction rule my life? and so on for a pile of similar questions... all of which can be eliminated with one acronym for a Quitter... Not One Puff Ever (NOPE) Having waited so long to quit makes me feel very very stupid. I OWE my wife (who's waiting in South Africa for Immigration papers to Canada) the decency of having quit smoking when I met her more than three years ago - but I waited until now. So, my anger and biting comes from low self esteem which is stupidly coupled with all the fear that addiction has brought into not only my life but her's also. It's taken me decades to 'empty out' the trash I accumulated in my behaviour over a life time; it's a long road and a hard road but it IS essential. It's never too late to re-value one's life! (Whew. Glad I got that out without leaving teethmarks in the keyboard.) Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $461.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
I'm confused and don't seem to be able to even find the darn post now. I do remember what you are talking about though and I believe it must be the things that she was talking about in the insecurities [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Oh? You got all that out of my post there? Hmmm I'll have to reread it again. I don't see the fear thing. I just see that I am anxious. Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
No. The one yesterday on the Avoiding Relapsing forum -- good one that talked about being snappy and ankle-biting and how it fits in with the notion of one being low on the self-esteem ladder and making anger take the burden of what is really Fear - fear of quitting, fear of what one is doing to one's lungs/health/ kids/ family.... at least that's what I inferred from your post there to Kristilu... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $461.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
So Daily Llama got it right. I had 11 day's yesterday so that means that I am now 2 day's away from being two weeks quit. What a wonderful thing. I still want a cigarrette a lot but not constantly. When I get agrivated. It's funny I get aggrivated because I'm withdrawing from these nasty things and then when I get aggrivated I want one. Oh man oh man. I'm not sure which long post you are talking about. Was it in my first "I need chat" thread? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: