Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

How do I handle this?

8 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Raveness,

Sorry to hear about those monster cravings. How are you feeling today? How did you get through it?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hope you're still staying strong. For me, I find it helps to just deal with the cravings one at a time. I try not to get too caught up thinking about how hard it will (or won't) be in the future. Find a strategy that works for you to get through the individual cravings. They go away after a few minutes right. For me, it's push-ups or chugging a cup or two of water. I've also found watching a funny or interesting youtube clip is a way to distract myself for a few minutes. By the time I'm done with the clip, the craving is usually gone. Good Luck! Keep up the good work!
8 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So it's day 3........and while I've been handling the irritability much better than any of my previous quits, the cravings today are the so bad you can taste them cravings.  I just want them to go away and I know I probably will feel this way for months right now. Normal cravings I can stand, the nagging you can taste it cravings no!

My husband still smokes and luckily he only smokes in his office or outside now!  I got my candles going and my fan is keeping me cool but still how in the heck do I handle days like these? 

Reading this thread: