Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

This may seem morbid to some.... but for me it helped alot

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mrlucky,

She would be very proud of you, as we are. Stick with us and let us support you in this journey.

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My mom died from lung cancer in 2004. Her name was June Elizabeth Sowden and I think of her often and miss her so much. Sometimes when I want a smoke I think of her and that gives me insentive. One my last quit I visited her grave in Pa on mothers day as a non smoker. Somtimes I do it for her memory.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 51
Amount Saved: $12.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 16 Mins: 15 Seconds: 9

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Lisa!!!

Good suggestion!!!  Thinking of more than one family member who died of lung cancer was one of my main motivations for quitting  FOR  GOOD  this time!!!  All that I can hope for is that I quit soon enough to avoid the big C!!!   Keep up the great quit you got going there!!! 

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 92
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,300
Amount Saved: $379.50
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 2 Mins: 57 Seconds: 29

• Quit Meter

$44,310.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 13

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kylisa,

Thank you for sharing.  The new feature we have installed can allow you to post a video to your own profile.  This is a great validation or inspiration for all members.

Please try it!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 289 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
On youtube there is a video called Thanks Tobacco you killed my Mom  A son had filmed his mothers months of  dying from cancer, for me it was almost like reliving my own mothers death from cancer, after watching her die a horrible death I quit smoking for 2 1/2 months but then like others I was so convinced I could handle just one. This time when I have had those "oh just one won't hurt craves" I have remembered what that just one cigarette did to my quit 5 years ago. I got off track here, I was just going to say go to you tube and watch that video if you're ever ready to throw the towel in on your wonderful quit it just might get you to restrengthing your commitment.
Lisa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 67
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,680
Amount Saved: $294.80
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 9 Mins: 28 Seconds: 24

Reading this thread: