Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,661 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

day 3 sinking fast/HELP

16 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beckylynn:
     Glad to hear thet all is ok health wise.  If the craves get real bad take a walk that ia what helps me.
I don't know what is going on with the stats.  Perhaps the programmer is trying to quit smoking also.
Kaiser

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/7/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 90
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,250
Amount Saved: $112.50
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 16 Mins: 48 Seconds: 10

16 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for all the advice.
Just got back from the doctors and everything is A1 shape so all that is good.  I am feeling a little better this afternoon, but the craves are really
intense today.  I am going to dive into my work and see if I can't get through this.

Thanks again to all.
Beckylynn
Still NOPE!!!!

PS what's up with the stats?  They look funny.
[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning... the first couple weeks of the quit... are lets face it NOT very pleasant.   It will get better.

My head was in such a ...fog I almost walked into a glass window...  I could lose something in 2 seconds

This wil pass.... and now... I feel much better.. Mu husband says I am not coughing at night,  the wheeze has gone,

i can smell again.  I am not stressed, and I do have more energy..... besides smelling better, etc etd.

Do remind yourself of the positives.... and picture yourself in NON smoking situations,  in situations  of all kinds.. and you

are NOT smoking, or coughing.. just think how much nicer your clothes and hair smell to those around you.

Stay strong.. remember you are back in control of your life..   N O P E
[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,479 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $295.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Beckylynn, 

Keep that positive attitude. Remind yourself of your reasons for quitting and all of the benefits of quitting; health, financial, physicals, etc...  Check out our sister site at DepressionCenter.net  if you continue to feel a little bit down. It's normal to feel depressed after you've quit as nicotine stimulates the 'feel good' receptors in your body. To help get this feeling back try to engage in pleasurable activities and exercise to increase your heart rate.

If these feelings continue or worsen, we suggest that you consult your doctor.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You sound like you have the required drive to kill off this addiction, Beckylynn.

Stay close to the site and feel your lungs healing each day... your body has a lot to get over so, be patient!!

Patrick

[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,237.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Beckylynn

A1 is so right.  This is different for everybody and you do have to find what works for you. 
If the depression persists, do a search here or ask for some bumps.  there is a lot of info here. 
Remember there a lot of people pulling for you.  Be kind to yourself today and always.

Moss

[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 170 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $573.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beckylynn,  Mornings were always and still are the toughest for me.  It was my biggest smoking time, and it was my me time.  I would get up early just so I could smoke more.
It finally is getting a little better to wake up in the morning.  I used to be so anxiety stricken about having to wake up the next day I hardly slept at night. 
You need to find what works for you, but I avoided all of my morning routines, starting doing them at night.  I couldn't change up the kids routines,
but all the other things that I did, dishes, laundry....smoke a 1/2 pack during that time then go to work.  I still sleep more than I used to, but that is also
getting better.  Do what you need to take care of you, find what helps and go with it.  It is different for everybody.

((hugs))

Kelly
[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $573.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I LOVE THOSE APPLES Beckylynn !!!!!!!

You've got the right attitude hon and all of what you're feeling IS going to pass

You've also been the right thing.. come here and post as often as you'd like.  We're here for
you ... ALWAYS !

Peace

[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $567.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YAHOO!!!! Beckylynn is back.  Great attitude.  dont worry about the weight thing you can easely take care of that after you kick the cigarette thing.
I knew you could do this I am so proud of you.
Kaiser
[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really need to get out of this mood.  I start thinking about the weight gain and the headaches and all the bad side effects of quitting. 
This is not a good way to think. 
 It is the begining of reasoning myself right into a cigarette.  UUUHHHHHUUUUUHHHHUUUUUHHHH!
I need to stop my brain.   Ok OK .........I am going to try to think about the possitives.
I went 8 whole days and I am not going back there ever again to day 1.  This is my 5th or 6th quit and this one is going to work no matter what.
I have all the support I need from people just like me, who have been there and done it all. 
So I am going the get my chin off the ground and start looking and acting like I am a non smoker and no one is going to change it.

How about them apples????????

GETTING UP AND BACK ON MY FEET!!!!!   LET'S GO GO GO GO!!!!!

I hope this made some kind of sense, it felt good to get it out anyway! 
[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: