Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Ninety Day Crave?????

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith I just saw this. You got some really good advice and support. You are doing just fine. The thoughts and that is all they are is thoughts will pass. ((((((((((hug)))))))))))))) Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $984.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Also remember that when we smoked, we kept thinking about quitting, AND NOW WE HAVE!!! Let's not go backwards, keep moving through those craves, and wake up tomorrow feeling stronger for having pushed through the tough days. Hugs, N2 P [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $370.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith, it's always helpful to recognize the triggers, and then to not succumb to them. Makes you and your quit that much stronger. Good going! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,488.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith, I KNOW you'll pass the 113 day mark. Last year I had a quit of 116 days. I've been having some of the same feelings. Once I get past that 116 day mark, I'll feel really good. And I fully intend to. I'll be 50 this year, and I always said, I WON"T smoke when I turn 50! I made it through the "90 day crave" last spring. I'll be ready and waiting again, should it arise. Keep the faith, Faith! You're doing great. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $467.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith, you'll make it past the 113 easy, it's not so far, but you are in control! Holidays can be a tough time, smoking or not. Remeber to use self talk! You are doing great! Congratulations on those lovely 90 days, ten more and you're lazying on the beach! Good for you! :)
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for all the responses. It works if you work it! Today is a little better. Especially when I see my stats. I am getting close to a personal goal. Back in '06 I remained smokefree for 113 days. And even though I fully intend that this will be my final quit, until I pass that mark, it still has a bit of 'been there - done that' feel to it. Also, upon reflection, I realized that some of how I am feeling is tied in with this being Easter weekend. The holidays have always had an effect on me in a way that's not really positive. So, I tell myself its just another day and yea, I feel crummy but that does not mean I need to smoke! All it means is that I feel crummy and it will pass. So, I press on, remain smokefree and, like I've been told by those that go before me here ... focus on the good things. Not only about being smokefree but in general. We all have our blessings. Me included. Today I will INTENTIONALLY open my eyes to see! :) Thanks again. Faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,080.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith, This is normal! Many members have advised that around this mark sometimes they get sudden cravings. You have come this far and we are here to help. Don't get dscouraged and keep pushing forward, we are proud of you! Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith! Hang in there! Use your coping strateges that you used in the early days. I know you won't smoke, and I know that even just posting about it helps you. If I have learned one thing in this past year, it has been, to have some patience! It all passes, every crave, every bad day, they all pass by. Even a year later, there are new and wonderful things to feel and notice. Focus on what good things being smoke free has brought to you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 382 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,030.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in their Faith.. Go outside .. or in the bathroom and YELL at the junkie.. I just went thru a couple days myself... It just turned into Spring.. other say it does take 4 Seasons to go through.. Yep I am following footsteps.. so keep going.. so we all have footsteps to follow... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
and if you try to get a bite with your hands tied behind your back, that'll take up at least an hour ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 365 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,482.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: