Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Oh brother, HELP

16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Irish, Do not beat yourself up...but, why didn't you come and post BEFORE you lite up? I know, I know, I have been there. You have to get to the place in your life where smoking is NOT an option, no matter how you feel. Where did you get the cigarettes? If you are going to continue your quit today, get rid of any other cigs that are around. Recommitt and move on. You can do this. Delay, distract, avoid, leave the situation; use self talk. Use your coping strategies. positive vibes going out to you. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
(((irish))), So good to hear you're not giving up on quitting! No need to beat yourself up (I've been there too:) Just hop back on and keep moving forward. Get rid of the cigs and give yourself a nice long walk or hot bath... Be good to yourself. You're worth it! Mamakitty [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 735 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Irish, it is not the end of the world. Been there done that. I would reset my quit date and begin a new. We are harder on ourselves than others. This is a process, so get rid of the other cigs if you have them and begin a new. You can do this. I know you can. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 910 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $273.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh man, I had 2 cigs today. This would have been my third day without one..........I feel so awful. The only redeeming thing is that I reallly really thought about having them instead of just lighting up. Not that it changes the fact that I did, but that in itself is something for me. so how do I do this now...do I change my stop date??? I feel not so proud of myself right now. MAN!! I was doing so well too. This is so embarressing to tell you all this. I know you all have gone through the same things I am and you all did well.....or at least DID it. what a let down for me. BUT, I'M NOT GIVING UP ON QUITTING!!!! That's for sure.......just having a pity party I guess now. *sighhhhhhhhhh* irish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: