Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

On my way to a smoke free life!!!!

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan You just keep trying and we will keep supporting you. I'm happy to hear that you had a change of mindset. That will help, I bet. Tryagain I hope that soon you will also see what a gift you have given yourself. It is impressive that you have so many smoke free days with the struggle you are going through in your mind about it. Just keep doing it, one day at a time. buttout love your name. I noticed that after each milestone during the first few months I would experience increased urges. I think I finally figured out that the milestones were triggers because I was used to rewarding myself for a job well done with cigarettes. Once I figured that out I began to believe in what many people on this site had been telling me....give myself rewards. So I have..not always big ones, but rewards nonetheless. That and just being aware that milestones can be triggers have pretty much eliminated those increased urges for me. btw, out of the mouths of babes, huh? your son sounds pretty astute....and i bet he'll never be a smoker. Keep up the great quits, everybody, no matter what your mindset -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $550.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey New Me, Great post.... and so true. I am on day 8 and for some reason finding the second week more trying then the 1st. I guess last week I was so proud that I finally did it and so were my friends and family. This week seems a little different. I am trying to think positive and be happy that I am a non-smoker! My 11 year old son said to me a couple of weeks ago, "Mom why would you want to spend $15.00 on poison that is killing you?" I couldn't respond. So young, yet so extremely intelligent.... Keep up the great work everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan, I can relate! I have started and relapsed so many times, I have lost count. But, my mindset IS different this time. I do not want to start over either. I want to be free. And the only way to do that is to not smoke, not even one puff. Try again, Why are you lamenting this nasty addiction? Try and be happy that you are not poisoning yourself. You seem to take it one day at a time, which is good. But, have that little spark of hope for the future. You are not going to craves smokes forever. I think that you are prolonging the process with the "cigarettes were taken away from me" attitude. YOU gave them up because they are disease causing, smelly, expensive, and a chain around our necks. I hate to see you so down about something that is so wonderful for you and those that love you. Try seeing the joys of not smoking. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 384 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jan, never quit quitting, there is a rainbow at the end... One day at a time Hugs Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 363 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,359.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Jan, you can do it. It's what you want more than anything. I wish I could be like you. I wish I could want to quit like you do. I wish it wasn't a fight all the time. Sometimes I've thought of having a cig not even to ease a craving, but to just not be angry and resentful for a couple of minutes. It's like I'm taking my quit out on the world. It's everyone's fault and I'm going to make them PAY, revenge. That's not right, I'd rather be like you, to want to be a non-smoker more than anything. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,350.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys, your support means a lot to me. It really helps. I seem to be stepping back into the mindset that helped me through 100 plus smoke free days. I have SERIOUSLY learned that one puff can be the undoing of a very hard earned quit, and it simply isn't worth it. And yes, Danielle, I did find the answer to my question. Why was I smoking, I wondered? Because I wasn't prepared NOT to smoke. I went out and bought myself a few things to help, and I was determined to bring back the mindset that would see me succeed. Without that, I wouldn't be anywhere except surrounded by smoke. Its truly amazing what we are capable of doing when we dig deep! Have a great smoke free day, Cheers, Jan ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan - I am so impressed with your commitment. It is much too easy to just give up when we fall down....it's much harder to get back up and finish the race! We are so proud of you and we are here for you all the way! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 272 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,360.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, Everyone here will do whatever it takes to preserve our own quits, and help those who need help. Just give a holler, and we'll be there for you. Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $562.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know I'll Bear with you ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,476 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $820.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, We are with you every step of the way! Welcome back and let us know if we can help you in anyway. Did you find an answer to your question by the way? Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: