Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Out of the Blue !

17 years ago 0 231 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to all for the support. The "moment" seems to have passed for now and I will stay vigilant. Everyone have a great Easter holiday. PRB [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PRB, How are you doing now? I'm sorry you were hit out of the blue like that. It stinks when it happens but, it happens. You know that everyone's quit is different. Nicotine physically leaves your body in 72 hours but that psychological addiction is still there. The psychological addiction can and will trigger cravings. A lot of people hit a slump around Day 30 of their quit where the cravings return. I see from your meter that you're approaching Day 30. For me, I hit that slump a few days early and you may be doing the same thing. Do what Melanie has suggested. It really helps. Break out those same tools that you used on Day 1 of your quit i.e. Lots of water, hard candy, gum, etc., breathing exercises, move around during the crave, smack my husband around, and things like that. LOL Seriously, I'll loan him to ya. LOL Keep posting every chance you get during this rough patch, okay? We're here for you at all times. Hugs and Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,089 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Thanks Melanie. I am feeling fine and have been doing well. This just came out of nowhere and I wasn't doing something I haven't been doing everyday that might have triggered my crave or virtual crave :). I did some of the things you suggested and also listened to Phil's wisdom, experience tells you it will go away. It seems to have passed for now. I appreciate the support PRB [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 733 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PRB, Cravings are tough. You have to take yourself out of the situation that you are in. If you are at work, go to the bathroom. Take a quick walk outside to get some fresh air. Drink some fluids, hot or cold. Get some gum, have something to eat. The craving will pass. When you get trough it, write down how you overcame the craving this time. This will help you remember what you did the next time a craving hits you square in the face! It has been awhile since you posted. How are you feeling? Melanie _________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Probably dont let it worry you? Full Moon ? I used to be a werwolf but I am alright nooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Phil, maybe it is a full moon or something ! Thanks PRB [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 731 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PRB! Laughing out loud here. Hadnt had a crave for weeks and then this morning WHAM from nowhere. I knew it would pass from experience (and it did!) Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
About 10 minutes before I arrived at work this morning a crave hit me out of nowhere. It has been ebbing and flowing for about 45 minutes now. It isn't a monster crave but it is strong enough to distract me and it is persistant. Now my rationale brain, what little there is left :)knows that this can't be a real physical crave after 24 days. In fact I have thought that the craves I have experienced in the last couple of weeks were more likely to be psycological responses to 40+ years of smoking triggers. But it's that old saying if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck then it must be a duck or at least a virtual duck! Now my addict's brain tells me it can make the "duck" go away but fortunately I have just enough rationale brain left not to listen, at least this time. I am not going to smoke but it is hard not to be a little discouraged when something like this hits you out of the blue. I know some of you have no doubt experienced the same thing and maybe even to a stronger degree. I would appreciate any suggestions and advice on how to deal with this particularly if it continues. I am trying to maintain a sense of humor about it and so far that's helping but.... Thanks in advance for your help. PRB [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 731 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: